Mantasisg's wheel rotation

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Lazza, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The settings look ok from a quick browse (I'm on my phone), the trace file messages I think are right but I'd have to check against my own when I'm home.

So with those settings, what happens in the Cobra?

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Cobra is good, most cars are good. Then if you get on car that "has issues" and if you start to mess with a settings, same settings may result in different outcomes when choosing Cobra again. But usually these cars that don't have issues, takes few back and forth setting changes to work well again. But cars that "has issues" such as Howston G4 can't be corrected, and it is my whole issue.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, I guess I don't play with my settings often so can't comment on how consistently they're applied when returning to normal. At least you do have known good settings to use as a base until you want to adjust for a particular broken car.

Can you post several public (unencrypted) mods that have issues? Would be interesting to investigate possible causes.

Eg I had wondered if the Caterham is broken above 720 degrees (but is fine otherwise) because its base rotation is 720 and using an upgrade to increase it is known to break the animation, but the visible upgrade file doesn't change the rotation IIRC. So fully visible files are best for testing.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mantasisg the latest RC has a wheel rotation fix. Maybe see how much that improves things?

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thank you for informing. Completely missed this. I will definitely try it in the morning. Maybe this will be my Christmas morning lol

It is a bit confusing though as they mention it being only visual, and also with "low speeds"...

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't know if the rotation issue you're having is only visual, or whether you checked between sitting still and moving. I'm pretty sure some of the mismatches I've seen are only visual, with the steered angle being correct (IIRC the Caterham was like that).

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Lazza Tested with Howston G4 and some of my cars, and sadly there is no difference. I think it is never going to change, RIP.

As for if issue is only visual. I am not entirely sure. It messes quite a lot with driving feel, FFB feel. But visual perception is taking part in feel of car handling and FFB, so unsure about it, eitherway it is a lot less enjoyable.