Mantasisg's wheel rotation

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Lazza, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mantasisg here, let's get you started.

What settings are you using? Which wheel do you have? Show a screenshot of its settings, and the calibrate settings screen in rF2.

See, if you show people what you're doing, it gives them a chance to say "Oh, this part is wrong, try this instead." Then you can say "thanks man, that worked" and you can stop mentioning your forever ongoing issue you aren't actually fixing all over the place...

Ho3n3r and PatientRF2fan like this.
  2. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Hi Mantas

Don't know what is your issue
    You can see if this can help, I didn't know this T300 mode and possibilitie, see below :

"Every time I set mode to 900 degrees. {on the steering wheel itself} This is done by pressing the dpad button left or right and pressing the mode button once. the mode light will flash.1 Flash - 270 degrees.2 Flashes - 360 degrees.3 flashes - 540 degrees.4 flashes - 900 degrees.5 flashes - 1080 degrees"

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thrustmaster-t300-mode-setting.363850/

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I have a TS PC windows sometimes when I enter it detects it as tx racing wheel in the control panel, where devices and printers and it does not work correctly, I have to disconnect the USB for 10 seconds and reconnect it then windows detects it as a TS PC again , and change the icon in control panel, where devices and printers, when it detects it as a tx racing wheel it doesn't work at all well inside rfactor

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thanks for the thread.

Very interesting issue. I just forced myself to do this work of game testing, issue trouble shooting. I had some surprising results. Turns out not all cars are affected, and I couldn't evaluate a pattern or reason.

First of all cars that were good: both Puma cars from Reiza, FVee, Honda NSX

Cars that had trouble:
    Radical RXC, real wheel turned 90degs right:
    [​IMG]

Dissenter, real wheel turned 90 degs right:
    [​IMG]

1967 911s, real wheel turned 90 degs right:
    [​IMG]

I made configuration screenshots after each car, but with new wonderful UI, but screenshots didn't appear in rF2 folder... Anyway, I am sure by now it is not configuration related issue.

This is my wheel showing having full degrees enabled, but I share this basically just to flex my wallpaper:
    [​IMG]

I can't look at dissenter or S397 GT3 Radical physics, but I know my 911 physics. My best guess is that something has been made in rF2, that caused something off to happen for cars that doesn't use steering shaft coordinates in HDV. Well, thats just my guess.

It would be first logical step for others to try Radical RXC and Dissenter, and see if they also have the missmatch of steering.

Anyway, thanks.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  5. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Mantas, visually there is something weird with your Thrustmaster T300 CONTROL PANEL..... (I think).

upload_2021-12-12_20-4-34.png

It should be like something like that and I strongly suggest u to use 900 degrees for your T300 (1080 don't seems to work right, there lack always about 2,2% in both side when you turn the wheel).

My advice is :
    - Uninstall absolutely ALL files from thrusmaster
    - Ccleaner + clean registry keys
    - Restart computer
    - reinstall entirely and properly thrustmaster drivers t300
    - dont launch rF2
    - delete all controller files (T300 and your personnalisations controllers). Perhaps player. Json (20 min to reconfigure rF2)
    - Let for the moment thrustmaster control panel on standard
    - rF2 verify steam files
    - Launch rF2
    - Configure properly using t300 controller file

Hope it work

6. Corti

Corti Registered

In my T500 the default configuration of the wheel F1 is different
    GT wheel.png F1 racing wheel.png Ferrari 458.png

7. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

What's this? You got a thread created just for you!
    I have been looking under every rock to solve issues.... I am super envious Mantas

Honestly I have been in devmod far too long. I booted up the latest update and got scared off by all the new settings in controls. lol
    No tool tips so the forum drew me here to find out the difference between software and driver.

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I don't think there is anything wrong with my wheel. Besides I have always used full 1080 before, and it used to work perfectly well. Plus the fact that only some cars presents an issue. I'd like someone to test those few cars, I guess Dissenter would be best to focus on.

@PatientRF2fan I have no idea why Lazza was so good to me. I guess he was just way too annoyed by my frequent mentioning in several other posts in various threads lol I personally think I as a person don't matter at all, and years in simracing surely backs up that idea. And I have also been in your place, I have been looking how to solve issues for days, and in some instances for weeks. I burnt out.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mantasisg a little hard to tell from your screenshot, but for me the Dissenter with apparently 900 deg of rotation is actually doing only 720 in total (on-screen), and my wheel only registers about (195 x 2) 390 degrees to achieve it. Turning my wheel 90 degrees does around 170 in the car, and now that I look at those figures that all adds up.

So something definitely wrong there. I know I've seen a message about issues with graphical rotation if an upgrade increases steering rotation above that defined in the HDV, but this seems to have an error in the hdv turnslocktolock parameter (if not both).

I should point out I have my T500 set to 1105 in the game (software mode) as I find that's more accurate, but that's a minor detail only.

10. Daniel Brunke

Daniel Brunke Registered

I actually use pilAUTOs Method with my T300 regularly. One or two combined button presses and all is set. Did this the last time I drove Automobilista 2 because the wheel didn't line up. Never bothered me. Quick check in the pitlane and then go for it :)

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Lazza Interesting findings. Like mine, but inverted. I have to turn nearly 2x more, while you almost 2x less. At least when turning 90degs.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can you screenshot your rF2 calibration screen?

pilAUTO makes a good point with the software, also his firmware says 31 while yours says 27.

*on screenshots, there's a steam screenshots folder separate to rF2. The UI ones will be in there.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    Nieubermesch likes this.
  13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The official firmware goes by the nº 33 and if not updated by one but recient
    for sure so that the virtual steering wheel coincides with the pilot's hands instead of software, i use drivers in VR
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Lazza I am unable to find the screenshots, I'll have to take it old fashion way.

Weird thing about firmware version numbers. I did update a week ago, how often they roll those updates lol, I remember I used to update twice per year, and it was fine to me.

15. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

There is :
    - Software update
    AND
    - Firmware update, perhaps you don't made this update

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Well, as I see that you are ignoring me, I will not answer you again ...:cool:

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I wasn't ignoring because your post was about same subject as my reply was: firmware version.

Also there is a difference of software and firmware update ? Isn't it same thing in this situation ?

P.S. I just tried clicking "check for update", and it said I had latest version. We probably have slightly different servos, or somethink like that.

Anyway, lets not go to the weeds. I think it was pretty clear isolating finding when we discovered that there is no issue with many cars, but only when it comes to such car as Dissenter, as example.

18. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Yes in T300 wheel, firmware update and software update is not the same thing. Check that.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mantasisg I have to correct myself, and this is the danger with not paying attention (actually, trying lots of different things...) - I had my wheel set to 450° in the TM profiler. Hence the dissenter wheel was going a bit crazy. With that fixed it does the same as yours.

Your software (the config tool) doesn't appear to be drawing properly, which is weird. From above it seems your wheel firmware (that's what your wheel is running internally) appears to be out of date, and I doubt any production version will differ in that sense (if there are hardware differences, the firmware will be made to cater for that).

Now that I know my dissenter is doing the same as yours, though, there's probably no need to delve further into what might be causing it. If your own car isn't behaving right I'd be curious to know why.

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, I am curious as well. It would be interesting to try adding steering column coordinates approach to HDV, but I never did that, not really sure how to, plus I am not a fan of this approach, I have no idea why it is being done in the first placem I think such geometry should be in geometry file.

I have tested today two of my own cars. Mustang with 1170 degs steering, well lets assume it is 1080, since game would probably scale this to T300s maximum of 1080. GT40 MK1 with 738degs.

[​IMG]

Mustang has this thing of steering being doubled, so I have to turn wheel ~180 for game to turn 90. GT40 interestingly has to be turned something like ~135 degs for game to turn 90 degs.

Maybe S397 did something that lines like this is necessary now, I don't use them:

"SteerLockSpecial=(10,"900 ","(33) deg","TurnsLockToLock=2.5;SteeringFraction=1")"

And if the mod doesn't have these lines, then it defaults to something ? Have no idea, also don't have time now to run through all possibilities.