look at these STRANGE REFLECTIONS! how to fix them?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Anonim, Feb 25, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

In rf1 idea was to put reference plane at 0.0, bodykits etc. might be lower, but reference plane should be at 0.0 and ride height should be then set from reference plane to ground. That way it should be accurately at correct position, but of course one needs measurement from reference plane to ground, which can be easy or difficult to obtain depending from the car.

Ground clearance can be measured from oil pan, suspension arms etc but actual bottom of car, the reference plane, can be quite bit at different height, it helps if there is enough accurate blueprints so that you can actually measure that in 3d editor, simply put plane under tires and see how much less it is than bottom of car and there is the measurement, but it indeed requires accurate blueprints to get that measurement.

Because so many things are fixed to reference plane height, it would be important to have that right, but at some cases it is not very easy thing to get accurate.

Of course if car body is not perfectly placed, you can adjust location by graphical offset, but ride height should be set to what it really is, at least that is my latest understanding.

Graphical offset has probably some sort of bug in it, I have not been able to adjust car body in Z-direction, it says that graphical offset is not affecting physics, but set Z value to 1.2 or 2 etc and see what happens, for me, car body did not move, but tail of car started to float in air, wheels spinning high above ground and car not going, so I would like to say it does affect physics, not graphics on Z axis, however I have not cross verified this, just one car, one attempt.

If you look replay of Meganes, you can see them having flat tires, even rtrainer has slight effect of flat tire syndrome in replay, but they are not quite flat, just not quite so full, I was under impression that this was because of tire pressure effects not implemented yet? It is fine when driving, but on replay wheels drop lower while everything else being equal. Have to look if there is difference in TBC then :)

Haven't played around with latest version much as I broke my back, but must test when I can sit again in chair without pains.

2. Anonim

Anonim Registered

In a couble of days I will finish the car and I will need someone to configure its physics... :confused: I'm going to give the car completely exported and playable in Dev-mode to the person that will be able to do that... let's hope I will find someone... :confused:

here is my new progress. All polygons are fixed now. :)
    View attachment 1393