Logitech G29

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Juergen-BY, May 21, 2015.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I really didn't even expect it to be.. This one looks like DFGT on steroids tho :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

It looks very "toyish" and maybe aimed at the next gen consoles, I couldn't fault the G25 I owned for 7 years and the shifter and pedals are still going strong but I much prefer belt driven wheels with rF2 and hopefully I'll be getting a DD wheel as my next upgrade. I don't know the specs of this new wheel so its hard to say where it'll fit in the market place, somewhere with the t300 maybe ?

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Muhahahahahahahahaha...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D you made my day!

5. RJames

RJames Registered

It's a rather odd looking thing really, like a mishmash of wheel/controller that doesn't work very well. The base looks like the G27 which it could well be.

I was hoping that Logitech was going to attack the market with a solid racing eco system of base > wheels > pedals.. Thrustmaster have realized that's where the business is also, its too early to say but i think this is a quick attempt to piggyback on the current interest in racing games - for console and nothing more.

I would be happy to be wrong however.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

HA!

7. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i dont think so, why would you get this instead of a t300? i think the idea is an entry ffb wheel for PS4; $400 is as much you pay for a ps4, kinda hard for most to mentally justify that for a game.

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I like my g27 (along with my *gasp* single screen monitor and *double gasp* desk and chair) and it's durability and Logitech support and have no reason to need more. My son has a TX300 and it's fine but nothing to write home about. One thing I do wonder is that I was able to get the TX300 for 299 on sale around Xmas which is close to a g27 or I might be wrong because I have had mine for so long I forget what they cost and there is also the issue of the h-gate shifter which for me is mandatory so not sure how that increases the relative price of the TX...

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Looks like a prototype to me, and yeah it's definitely geared toward console, that's where the money is. Was wondering when Logitech was going to put out a new wheel.

10. coops

coops Banned

looks like plastic still and cheap thought they would have at least built something to match or out do others. guess not but ppl will still but it. g27/25 looks better and probably performs better.

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess, the only different to a G27 are the PS4 Buttons. Everything else, seems the same...

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It looks absolutely hideous, to be honest. Logitech focusing on the more casual console market then..

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Well, it is obvious that commercially it is a good move! There are almost 21 mln PS4 out there and games like Gran Turismo sells 7-9mln, so the casual gamers market is much much bigger than the hardcore sim-racers and casual gamers won't spend 400-500$ for a steering wheel so the eventual upcoming G29 will be very similar to the G27 with few improvements and a price range between 200-250$.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I hope it's a direct competitor to the Thrustmaster T300RS/TX. There's nothing in the market that competes with those ATM. The Fanatec CSR and Logitech G27 are not on the TX's/T300RS's level.

P.S. Slightly OT but I hope someone comes out with a higher-end model to compete with the Fana CSW V2 soon and hopefully even drive prices down.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

nail on the head, why would they make a product suited for only a small section of the market (Hardcore simmers)? when they can concentrate on selling a product for the vastly greater number of Casual Console gamers? from a business standpoint it makes perfect sense, sure it may look a bit crap......but people moan about RF2 looking crap too, it's all in the feel of the drive and if it's anything like my trusty G25 then I'm sure it will be alright.

Won't be my next wheel though as I'll be one of them Hardcore Simmers buying the proper gear :p

16. RJames

RJames Registered

There was another picture spotted of which it clearly said "Driving Force" on the side of the packaging with a picture of the same wheel. Hopefully that would mean if Logitech plan to release a more "hardcore" wheel the base will defo be a step upwards if the new DF wheel uses the G27 base of current.

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Price announced: ~ 180 EUR

[​IMG]

Source

18. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Well, looks like it is not for PC, so they have an opportunity to come up with something appropriate to PC? G33?

19. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Looks like a nice improvement to the DFGT.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

They'll sell more directing their efforts at the console market, simple business sense. Anyway as long as it has USB it'll be fine on a PC just like its predecessors.
    £130 to me but I've got my eye on the T300RS!