Loading a benchmark time to beat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jubes, May 31, 2022.

1. Jubes

Jubes Registered

Just wondering if there is any way of loading one of your old laps from a previous session as a benchmark to try and beat?
    The game only remembers your fastest lap from the session that you are in. I'd like my fastest ever lap ideally as a target, especially if I'm trying out different setups.
    I know you have the fastest lap saved as a replay, but you can't use that to compare to the laps that you are about to do.
    Thanks!

2. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Not ideal but you can always resume the replay... dunno if that'd help or just be more of a pain.

3. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

If you use simhub, and use the same car(livery) it will remember your fastest lap. but dont think it will remember sector times from it.

here is an example
    Udklip.JPG

4. Jubes

Jubes Registered

What I'd like is the delta on the screen, a plus or minus number, so I could see where in the lap I'm quicker or slower.
    Surprised that Rf2 didn't include this!

5. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Think a delta to "record lap" can be made in simhub, just like you can see in my example above which have a delta to "best in session". But it is a 3rd party program, and you have to buy that program. Maybe @svictor could make that in his TinyPedal HUD program? you could ask in that thread: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ive-fuel-calculator.71557/page-5#post-1099563

Edit: it looks like TinyPedal have Delta best for best lap
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/blob/master/docs/features.md

Last edited: May 31, 2022
    svictor and DanRZ like this.
  6. svictor

svictor Registered

Yes, TinyPedal provides deltabest saving & reloading feature, which saves deltabest data in separated file according to car/track combo.

You can use it to quickly resume a hotlap session against your previous fastest laptime, or even better, compete against other's deltabest data (if they would share their deltabest data file).

atomed likes this.
  7. Jubes

Jubes Registered

Oh, that sounds great.
    Thank you very much for that!

8. Jubes

Jubes Registered

I think I did read somewhere that that program had to be run with Rfactor2 in windowed or borderless mode or something? Is that right?
    Does it affect how the sim plays or anything like that??
    Thanks.

9. svictor

svictor Registered

No worries, those two modes won't really change anything for driving (unless running in VR).
    And borderless mode is usually preferred mode for many players, as it runs almost like fullscreen and has some advantages such as "easy alt-tab" or "avoid popup window", etc.

atomed likes this.
  10. Jubes

Jubes Registered

OK, cheers for that!