Lime Rock - Round 1 - Fine Line Racing Points Season Begins - Dec. 15 @ 21:00 GMT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoser70, Dec 5, 2012.

1. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

RACE CHANGED TO PUTNAM PARK DUE TO LIME ROCK CRASHING THE DEDICATED SERVER!!! Download Putnam here if you need it.

[​IMG]

Fine Line Racing is pleased to present the first of six (6) points race of our new rFactor2 series taking place on Saturday, December 15, 2012. Qualifying begins at 21:00 GMT (4:00 PM EST) for the 110 Lap Event taking place at the recently released and quite spectacular, Lime Rock Park. We will be using the uphill chicanes.

IMPORTANT: To qualify for points you must be signed up at our web site here... click the big blue "Join Today" Icon at the top of the page or go directly to the registration page by following this link...

You can still race if you don't feel like signing up for the league by replying to this thread. Just keep in mind that you will not score points towards the championship.

We hope to be able to offer prizes if we obtain sponsorship as we already do with our iRacing series, but for the time being, we will offer a virtual trophy to our series champion.

A complete race schedule will be posted soon, however to get you going for this upcoming race, please see the details below:

Race Day: Saturday, December 15, 2012
    Time: 19:00 GMT Practice / 21:00 GMT Qualify (2:00 PM Practice / 4:00 PM Qualify USA Eastern Time)
    Server Name: FLR - Megane League
    LiveMonitor: LiveMonitor with Hotlaps
    Track: Putnam Park
    Vehicle: Renault Megane
    VMod: FLR_Megane_League (to keep things clean its recommended to uninstall & delete previous FLR league mods from your mod folder before installing this one)
    Race Length: 85 Laps (Approximately 90 minutes)
    Fuel: 1x - normal
    Tires: 2x
    Driver Aids: Auto Clutch allowed
    Driver View: Cockpit or Nose Only Allowed

Come check us out if this sounds interesting to you.

The server is up now for practice. It is set to a 10 lap race for the times there are enough people who want to test it out in race conditions.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
  2. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

3. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Hey all - - just a heads-up, tomorrow around 22:00 GMT I plan on running laps and hopefully we can get a practice race in or two. Come look for us then... ;-)

4. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Look for us on the server around 21:30 GMT today - hope to get a good practice race in or two. Here's the times so far:
    View attachment 5066

5. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Happy Monday All! I won't post the times again, but suffice to say, there's a lot of them on the board after another weekend of practice. I just rebooted the server in case it wasn't showing in the lobby here recently.

The big points race is this Saturday so get signed up at the web site if you want to score points. You can find us here: www.finelineracing.net

If you plan on racing, but don't want to score points, you will need to reply here. You will be asked not to qualify though so that you can start at the back of those that are racing for points.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to post here or send me a PM.

6. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Race is this Saturday - Shameless Bump. ;-) Get signed up at the web site (www.finelineracing.net) to score points in this six race season...

7. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

For those that are on this side of the globe (North/South America) or those on the other side who are night owls, I will be hosting 30 lap practice races on Friday starting at 23:00 GMT (6:00 PM EST)... ;-)

8. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Reminder: Practice Races this Friday for those that can make it starting at 23:00 GMT (6:00 PM EST).

Reminder 2: Please remember to register as a driver at our site (www.finelineracing.net) so you can score points. What's the fun of running 90 minutes if you can't score any points towards a championship? ;-)

Reminder 3: You must register with your real name and race with your real name in our servers. No clan tags, league tags, or nicknames allowed. We are a league and want to know who we are racing with. ;-)

9. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Thanks to everyone who has registered at the site so far! We've had quite a few this week! You all score points now... ;-)

www.finelineracing.net to get signed up for points and race with us this Saturday.

Also, don't forget, practice races Friday night for those that can make it starting around 23:00 GMT (6:00 PM EST).

It's going to be a good one!

10. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

The dedicated server was just rebooted and the Lime Rock server is back online if you were looking for it over the past few minutes.

11. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

53 times have been posted as of this post and everyone seems to be very close! It should be a great race Saturday!

A couple of reminders for you:

1. Be sure to register at our site: www.finelineracing.net (direct link to registration page: http://www.finelineracing.net/index.php?c=join - - click the girl in the lower right to find the actual application - - after reading about us first of course). ;-)

2. We are hosting one or two 30 lap practice races tonight for those whom the time frame will work out. First qually session starts at 23:00 GTM (6:00 PM EST/League Clock). I estimate the first race to start at 6:30 PM at the latest. 30 laps at Lime Rock is about a 25 minute race.

If you can make the practice race tonight that would be great. If not, please be sure you are signed up at our web site above so that you receive the password for the race tomorrow.

Tomorrow's (Saturday, December 15) times:

Official Server Reset for practice: 19:00 GMT (2:00 PM EST/League Clock)
    Qualifying: 21:00 GMT (4:00 PM EST/League Clock) - 15 minute session
    Warm-up: 5 minutes of warm-up after Q to settle in and go over any race notes.
    Race: Starts approximately 21:25 GTM (4:25 PM EST/League Clock) - 110 lap race (approx. 90 minutes) - tires @ 2x (to see if we can force those aliens to pit for tires...) ;-)

Start: Standing start preceded by warm-up lap to get those brakes warmed up for turn 1. ;-)

12. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I will be reseting the server in 1 hour. It will be set for 2 hours of practice, followed by a 15 minute qually, then a 30 lap race. The server will not be password protected for tonight's fun runs, so come on in if you can.

Please no voting to advance to race while in Q. Let's get the track nice and rubbered in by running the full practice session.

If anyone initiates a vote to advance (before I can be there), please vote no to advance. Once I'm in voting will be disabled.

Should be fun, hope a few of you can make it. ;-)

13. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Well ****! This ain't gonna work Two crashes at LRP in the last 10 minutes.

14. Lecram

Lecram Registered

15. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I feel your pain ....

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

Isn't the bug related to people leaving the server? Something about if everyone gets on the server and noone leaves, the crashes don't happen.

Or am I thinking of something else...XD

17. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

no more race today? :(

18. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Give me some time guys - - going to try another server, but I think it's just custom mods at LRP causing the problems.

19. Hectari

Hectari Registered

It happens with Racing School too :(

20. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

OK trying one more time guys... You'll have to use GET MOD (Hope that works) as I just tried re-doing the VMOD.