Lime rock park : much higher visual quality than other tracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Feels

No disrespect, I really like your work & look forward to your next release & big thanks for sharing with us

We all need to keep in mind that everything is still beta & maybe future builds will bring more enhanced features graphically

Good times ahead (-:

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Yes, I'm working alone, but I have in my league site (Simracing.pl) lot of talented and experienced people (programmers, graphic artists, and also moders) so it's much easier for me to create all of those things.

I have full support there.

Plus I work as a civil engineer in building industry and in my work I have far more complicated and bigger projects than track modeling.
    This experience also helps me with track creation, I know how to organize my work when I work alone on large projects.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Devs are (and constantly will be) learning what they can do. This is how development normally works. You improve something, and that allows you to take advantage, then you improve something, and can take advantage. For example the 1966 Belgium track was first built in about 2009, and has had to be updated each time until it was released, it'll (at some point) need to be done again (brought up to standard).

This can be seen with all devs who update their products after release really...

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

But what's up with the chicane-curbs at LRP ? They seem to be selfshading from below when using headlights at night, resulting in a dark flicker of the entire object.

5. 88mphTim

I don't get that. Can you add your system specs (specifically graphics card) to your profile?

Additionally make sure DX and drivers are up-to-date.

6. Miro

Miro Registered

I have the same bug too. 6870 here. Drivers are up to date.

7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Have the same error with my new GTX670 and my old GTX275 (drivers Up to date).

[​IMG]

8. 88mphTim

Hm, looking at that, you may try rebuilding shaders. Other than that, I will report it as a bug anyway.

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

My Shaders are up to date. The lightning bug starts before the uphill chicane and ends before the last turn.

10. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Same here. GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores. Haven't rebuild shaders though.

11. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Just loaded the track in the Viewer, changed to night and turned the lights on. Everything seemed fine. Material and exporter settings also seem normal and consistent with the rest of the track, so I'd like to rule out an issue with the art itself :) .

Odd. I'll try the same conditions ingame next time I load the track.

12. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Hey Luc, maybe this will help you.

Fresh instal rf2, ATI 6770, win7

13. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Thanks. I'll launch rF2 in a moment to see if I can reproduce this here.

EDIT: I just saw this myself. Very interesting glitch :) . We'll look into it.

14. 88mphTim

It is similar to what I had (in day time also) a few builds back with an ATI card, but as people above said nV cards, seems a different issue.

15. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Thanks guys for helping debug this, I was on mobile so didn't have access to screenshots or video - "good thing" it has been confirmed atleast :)

My theory is "selfshading", since as you may notice it appears when the car is LOWER than the object

Edit: yeah well, not exactly in feel3's video

Edit2: Are those objects using alpha-transparency by any chance ? That have never worked good with nightlights

16. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Done!

17. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Except that car headlights don't cast shadows in rF2 :) It could be just as well related to bounding boxes of objects. Let's just leave it to ISI, to figure it out.

18. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Actually I thought it did, atleast a combination of projection and lightcast ? In that case, it looks pretty good for projection only I must say...

And I'm sorry for being constructive, but pretty sure ISI can filter ideas and comments themselves ;)

19. argo0

argo0 Registered

Hi, I don't do much wet weather in rF2 due to concerns about the accuracy of the physics but during an on line session at Lime Rock in the wet, I noticed weird artifacts on the curbs, also lines being drawn on the curbs and road reflections being drawn in a rather sudden and staged manner. Hope you can see what I'm on about in this video. The road reflection thing can be seen most clearly on the last turn in the video.

20. Twista

Twista Registered

I have the same issues. I have a feeling that it's because the curbs are realroad surfaces like the road.