Latest update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whitmore, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I tried the new version formula 2 at the new 1.07 version of Sau Paulo. FFB is very strange for me. After about 90 deg of steering wheel rotation steering pulls towards the inside of the curb. Only time I have felt something similar when FFB was reversed. Back them I needed to go from +ve to -ve FFb to fix the problem. Not so in this case. All other cars FFB is OK ( ALL DX11 & other 3rd party cars).

Tried other tracks still the same. Then tried updated version with DX9 install again still the same. Other cars still all good.

I also had to add filter of 16 to stop severe rattling of my G27. I have been using maximum of 5 for all other cars for a very long time. Other DX11 updated cars are ok at 5.

Also Steam showing a different version of the Sau Paulo track to the 1.07 I downloaded.

This is what my 1.07 version looks like. The safety car and advertising boards are different in the picture in steam workshop. Hope they just have forgotten to update the picture on steam.
    Sau 1 07.jpg

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

F2 FFB is discussed to death!! Please use search function in this very forum if it interests you!

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It was updated last night, so it's new FFB discussion...in your own words "Please use the search function" :)

4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I've had this with the front wheel drive cars,some said it was the diff,but this car is rwd so that goes out the window.
    There's something messing up the ffb for certain users,I'd like to know what because I really wanna drive some cars but as you said,once passed 90 the wheel pulls to the inside curb,

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Had same Whitmore, re assign steering centre and rotation and all good

6. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Also with track update noted that Game content does not show the track as installed but it can be chosen from track list showing version 1.07 without problem. Tracks.JPG
    In Game Tracks.jpg

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

perfectly fine for me. possibly my fav RF car in the sim now. Beautiful FFB on a t300! having said that the thing he described sounds like what i have on the civic. but someone did mention altering the -dam i forgot now-!!

8. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

It doesn't show because it now comes under 'Sao Paulo' only, as it's no longer the ISI version.

Tuttle likes this.
  9. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Tried Bwana's suggestion, some minimal improvement with using 600 deg or more steering and 16 or less ratio in tuning window but darn awful to steer with those settings. Feeling of pulling to inside if curb still there just not as much. Also not drivable with the amount of ratting on my G27. Massive filtering just to drive which kills all feel.

Thanks Bravotangosix your right my bad
    Tracks2.JPG

bwana likes this.
  10. Emery

Emery Registered

Try turning down your per-car FFB.

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I've had issues with it too. It seems Thrustmaster wheels don't have that issue.

12. stonec

stonec Registered

Have you driven the old version of the F2? The rattling was greatly reduced for the updated one, and the self-aligning in slow corners is more of a feature than a bug with this car. If you want the wheel to resist more, I suggest you try a higher caster value. Regarding rattling, G27 unfortunately has gaps in the coghweel driven FFB (see this video), which causes problems with the high FFB rate of rF2. G25 or Thrustmaster wheels don't have this issue. The only solution for G27 is to use the default smoothing value (9) or higher, or apply the fix discussed online.

13. demerzel

demerzel Registered

Could you link me the fix for the rattling?

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Sorry I was a bit unclear. The "fix" I meant is to physically remove the gap in the wheel that the video in my previous post shows.

15. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Agree stonec except was not like this in previous version and all other cars no problem. Yes turning down FFB lessens the effect but becomes too light in the steering for me. Recently released GP3 has very goid ffb for my G27. I wil just avoid this car plenty of other open wheelers to choose from all with great FFB. G27 settings for other open wheelers Ffb multi 1.5 smoothing 5 360 deg rotation 16 turn ratio.

16. Emery

Emery Registered

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  17. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I Run overlay in dx9 no clipping also use motec to check force at steering shaft always make sure no clipping is happening. Logitech profiler set to 100% for force. All others zero. Thank you though for the thought.

18. bwana

bwana Registered

Tried reversing front toe in?? ( can't recall off the top of my head if it's adjustable ATM )

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  19. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Did you change the caster setting from the cars tuning menu to realistic? with the other (default) option the ffb should be more like with normal cars.

20. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Unfortunately T500rs shows the same behavior on my side (you must to center the wheel by yourself in the corners apex, no center force) reason why I don't drive F2, it's completely unnatural.

Guimengo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.