Latest Roadmap Update - September 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 29, 2020.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

How can you not notice the vast difference in RaceRoom sound-sample quality, varied and randomized backfires, chassis & debris sounds, drive-train sounds, overall resonance qualities, effects based on environmental factors, etc., etc. etc.??? Add to those that many sounds are independently tunable to preference. The role such things play in enhancing immersion and of the overall experience is pretty amazing imo. I find RR to be the most immersive audio experience in Sim-racing right now, absolutely mesmerizing in VR using the Valve Index.

For quality audio reference examples, I suggest: RaceRoom / ACC / iRacing. ACC features accurate high-quality samples with excellent application of environmental effects / RaceRoom features a great audio experience overall / iRacing is good and still getting better at the hands of "Aussie" Greg Hill. In terms of audio details, iRacing and RaceRoom feature mo0re advanced drive-train modeling which lends improved dynamic behavior to audio (as well as motion effects).

Reiza have already improved some aspects on audio in AMS2, and are poised to make bigger gains going forward with a new addition to the audio team.

Pcars1/2 sounds are a mixed bag imo, some good, some poor, some just okay / replay audio well below average quality, disconnected, etc.

rF2 is currently similar in some ways, very inconsistent, un-polished, un-refined, lacking details, etc. User customization, sound samples, environmental effects, all have room for improvement.

2. Angel Alfaro

Angel Alfaro Registered

I aggree 100%! Although i'm new in rF2 and totally immersed when driving, the sound quality needs a lot of improvement. There are good sounding cars and there are not so good sounding cars, consistency & quality are two of the main issues in my opinion. Hope they include this in their future fixes. :)

RaceNut likes this.
  3. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Yes, the driving experience itself is already very good in rF2, imagine how great it can be with more complete, refined, rich and dynamic audio samples and effects. The result could be rather stunning.

The recent backfire sound-update (alone) made to RaceRoom recently, demonstrates how such attention to detail can increase the realism, immersion and excitement of driving any car within the title. Despite the driving / ffb in RaceRoom being a bit lack-luster for me, I find myself playing it just to experience the backfire sounds, again and again. ;)

4. Garitt Gibsn

Garitt Gibsn Registered

Has anyone from Studio 397 actually checked the German translation in the new UI? this is full of mistakes!

AlexHeuskat, McFlex and memoNo1 like this.