Latest Roadmap Update - September 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Depco

Depco Registered

A good version of Watkins Glen would be very welcome. The versions available at this point are not nearly up to snuff and our league refuses to use them due to their poor quality.

2. Skan

Skan Registered

Hoping it is a track made up by S397, something none of us have seen or driven on before in rF2.

3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

And laser scanned.

Why ???

Because having by far the best physics / FFB / car content / algorythms like realroad, rubber etc

DOES AT THE END OF ANY SENSES IF IT IS NOT FOR DRIVING ON THE REAL PHYSICAL COMPLEXITY OF THE TRACK ???

A counter example:
    Assetto Corsa is not a simulation but at the best an arcard-sim (just speaking according my criterias not for everyone): ALL THE TRACKS OF ASSETTO CORSA ARE LASER SCANNED = KUNOS REALLY DOES THE THINGS UPSIDE DOWN.
    But we do not care about Kunos:

---->>>>> one day could we have the best physics with the best physics track ???

It seems logical and coherent .......

Things will have to move at some point because I think S397 goes in the wall (yes yes I like them, constructive criticism is useful!)

If laser scanned license is expensive..... just make good priorities....

My idea (yes my, its an idea and I dont impose them to do exactly that) was and I said sometimes on the forum :

- only 2017's tracks NOT 1970.... yes for old cars (oh yeah) but tracks which doesn't exist anymore !!! If you want to see old onboards the quality is SO poor.... which reference ??? If you have a lot of money like PC2 YES. If not don't make this mistake (huge priorities mistake)
    - I suggest GP tracks but perhaps another road is good.
    - Nordschliefe not just for me but serious thats the mother of all tracks, the most popular, the most famous etc etc. EVERY BLOCKBUSTER GAME / SIM ARCADE / SIM have it often in laser scanned version SINCE YEARS (just check) = if nords is not strategic I cut my arms......

4. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I give arguments that I think are very good and show that the nordschliefe is the best track in the world (on very factual and objective criteria, not purely subjective : I want to convince you by facts, because finally everyone does not care what dadaboomda thinks and you're right :)) My arguments are very factual and objective. I hope they are well chosen because they are not exhaustive.

Good reading ;)

PS : It's not because it's the best track in the world that it must be your favorite (you're a freeman ;)). Subjective criteria count fortunately to determine your favorite track.

- For me (FOR ME, I respect the opinion of others), I can ONLY play on a laser scanned version (requires passionate).
    I explain that, the goal is :
    best FFB /physics /realroad/ISI-S397 car content WITH real track physics + best track physics WITH best track of the world = the ultimate simulation....
    .. :)
    - The nordschleife is the best track in the world (factual). Yes its my favorite but thats only subjective criteria and we dont care about subjective things :

* The most beautiful and the most immersive
    * The most mythical, with a great history
    * The best track to judge a performance of a car (street / supercar / race car)
    * The most used track to improve supercars and racing cars
    * THE track of records, hotlaps, the reference track to judge which are the most efficient cars of the world
    * 21 km: requires enormous concentration
    * 154 bends: few tight turns but a variety of huge turns (100 laps = 15400 bends and 2100 kms ........)
    * The track that could be a hillclimb from its physiognomy
    * The track where anyone can go very easily : no need for arches, helmet not mandatory I believe ....
    * The most dreams track in the world
    * If you look carefully, the track that has been the most talked about in the last 5 years on the forum (ISI/S397) ---->>>>> just check.... this track is ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA expected in scanned laser version and Studio version S397 IN DLC NO PROBLEM, many would be ready to pay 25 euros for a very good laser scanned .... that I can really assure you !! And if it isnt profitable on cashflow IT IS ULTRA STRATEGIC......
    * The climate (weather )of this track is very favorable to the finenesse of a race: it rains frequently on 1/4 of the track and not on the rest. And when we go back 7-8 minutes after it is partly dry ..... differences of real temperatures, wind etc ...... ITS HUGE MEN !!!!!!!
    * Vibrators difficult to tackle for many
    * Unlike other tracks, at least 1/3 of the road exits generate an accident (very dangerous + very difficult to concentrate during 21 km....)
    * Manage the tires on 2 laps ..... must do it!
    * Enormously of videos /pictures / informations relative to this track that make the link with rfactor 2 .... (hundreds of gt3 onboards for example in high quality VS very realistic gt3 power pack, I am just saying.......)
    * And many other things, but I will not spend the day there !!!!!!!!!!!!

Good arguments or not :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  5. Skan

Skan Registered

how will they make a laser scanned version of a fantasy track? The Nords you want so bad, I understand but how will they get permission to even walk around the fantasy track?

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

JUssssst curious.... [being snarky]....how do you laser scan a 1980's layout of Spa? Forgive me in advance.. ;>
    Strange. I have seen two camps on COTA. I've read from a site that thinks the track is a hideous abomination. Compared to some other recent F1 tracks from ...what's his name... COTA seems more raceable. There is even a shortcut that Joss Jr found!
    The other group is actual drivers. Now trusting what a driver says in public is to be wary at best. But LHam and a few others stated the track was one of thier favorites. {of course Lewis has never driven Mid Ohio or Knockhill, but he IS Lewis...}

7. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hi Skan.

I am really sorry but I really dont understand your message !!!!! I read it 4 times plus with google translator, and you are speaking a good english (usa).

What I really really don't understand in your message is WHY do you say that a FANTASY TRACK !!!!!!!!!
    - it exist really
    - there are a lot of real races
    - the track is the most used for improve supercars / sports cars / expensive cars
    - the absolute reference in the world to make records, hotlaps, perform cars, judge the real performance of a car etc...
    - very beutiful track to just watch races, people like you and me all days etc.
    - for 25/30€ according to the day (week or monday etc) you go with your 100hp/ 300hp/1300hp car, you can drift (sometimes tolerated), etc....

I'm really sorry but you said "fantasy track" ??? I watched the google translation and I'm not bad in english (for a french man AH AH !).

So :
    - there's a language barrier but it is weird
    - perhaps you dont know really what is the nords (there is really at least 100000 onboard videos the last 15 years..... ;)

8. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Your post is an answer ("being snarky") for what post ? Mine ? I am not sure.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yes, I saw the request for laser scanned tracks and one of the mentions was for 1988 Spa. How do you laser scan something that is not in use any longer? Just me being sarcastic. Sorry.

10. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Can you guys stop posting weird things and stick to asking when the next road map is coming out?

11. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Ok

12. Depco

Depco Registered

Soooooo..... When is the next Roadmap Coming out? What? Someone had to ask.

Emery, David Kolody, Guimengo and 3 others like this.
  13. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

They are late which I can understand (more communication on that subject would have been clever but thats ok, there is no human death ;)).

But the deadline for the marker is the 31, today : I think before this evening.

14. Filip

Filip Registered

@dadaboomda You said you use rf2 as a training tool and have lots of track experience IRL.
    I am just curious to hear from someone who drives real racing cars and to compare physics in sims.
    Which cars did you drive IRL and what aspects of rf2 physics do you find to be better than other sims and which are worse than other sims?
    Thanks.

15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I understand why they're taking a bit longer to release the next update, it's a decisive one, a big step forward so they have to be sure everything is working smoothly. With the big weather update of course they needed more time, imagine if they release it and the performance was very poor, people will complaint because it works bad. Let's just have a little more patience and we all should be happy in short time ;)

marmagas likes this.
  16. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

there has been some activity on steam db in the last 20hours... i dont want to make false hopes but who knows ;)

Emery likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.