Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2020.
A dark mode for the new UI is really needed! So blinding white in my dark room.
'Supr' key (below 'ins') brings back the mouse on screen.
Another request for the UI is a tool for making private competitions much faster. Instead of digging the web searching for:
- Excel sheets with macros yo make VEH files.
- Weird showrooms to obtain car shape with Alpha masks.
- C++/Java programs or custom tools to obtain all icon files.
Thanks in avance
More issues I found with the newest version of the UI
- no cancel option when you join a server and it starts downloading, if it is going very slow you have no option but to wait for it.
- no indicator to show which track folder when saving setup, there used to be an asterisk next to the current track folder.
- chat indicator not sufficient and isn't obvious in any way. Maybe flashing and a better colour than pale yellow could be better.
- can't see full event details, only current session. ie. When in a practice session, you can't see how long the race.
- mouse cursor not showing when over buttons in game. ie. back, drive, settings
Not UI related but also noticed that rF2 isn't categorised as being a VR title in Steam so it doesn't show up in the games list in Steam VR Home. This is inconvenient as you have to go back to Oculus Home or remove the headset to restart the game, being rF2, this can be a fairly frequent requirement.
I just wanna have the OLD UI,not that buggy new one.Please,let there be both till everything is sorted and bug-free!
Thanks for reading.
New UI layout is poor. Either remove the horizontal scroller pages or remove the tabs at the top. You can't have both -especially if they don't match!
It's not miles away from being passable but at the moment it feels like a hot mess.
Also a dark mode isn't just a nice to have, it's absolute necessity when most people are either very close to their screen or in VR.
I'm ok, if the dark mode is an option.
I don't like the dark modes and use VR.
In garaje menu it would be better if you could see front-rear train/suspension settings (and others) without the need of scrolling down.
Not necessarily dark mode but just replacing current blinding white would be great.
I can't understand how anyone can use settings page in a dark room with a screen up close.
I've lost the mouse pointer in this situation with the new UI in the past, but also with the old UI once too. Using borderless.
The delete button apparently hides the mouse cursor. Not sure why that is even bound by default, since hardly anyone uses it and only confuses people when the mouse disappears
I requested this feature because it wasn't possible to take screenshots without the mouse cursor in the new UI. Not sure why this got expanded to the whole UI and not just while using the cams. Should be easy to fix I guess.
You have committed a cardinal sin. Please place 5 dollars in the "it should be easy to fix' jar.
Best news for me for a long time. Competition setup for offline! Been wanting that from day 1. Never understood why they dropped it in the first place.
They dropped it? When did they do that?
Hi not very clear but I was referring back to rFactor1. Obviously they chose not to continue to develop the competition/career mode that was already in place when moving ahead with rF2. And here we are many years later deciding to put it back.
Oohw yea. That explains that entire credit system they had
Just for reference "they" is ISI *not* S397, for whatever reason ISI choose not to include the basic offline championship in RF2 that worked so well in rf1.
So, I guess I was wrong.
Separate names with a comma.