Latest Roadmap Update - February 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comante

Comante Registered

If people won't stop ranting and babbling at every roadmap update, asking for features that the developer have not talked about, or ranting for this or that.. they will simply stop wasting their time to write those roadmaps. Already seen that... many times.
    So, why people can't simply enjoy the fact that RF2 is still in development, and with time will get better than today? Other than this, you seem so focused on your little needs: I want this, I want that, or I will stop play (wow). I don't have a VR system, but I'm happy that HTC and RIFT will get supported soon. Why can't you simply be happy and have fun with the game?

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I think giving feedback about what "the people" want isn't really a bad thing but giving threats like i'm going to stop playing is a bit much .
    S397 would possibly take people hopes and dreams and put them on "a to do list" and one by one see if they are even something they have in Their vision or if they are even achievable demands .
    If S397 chose to bail out of the Road map because of peoples "ranting and babbling"i think they are in the wrong business (which clearly they are not which is evident by their continued push to make rF2 even more Awesome) .

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Because the game have been in development and missing many things since like... before and after release?? You should be happy there are people that still cares about it instead of whine because they care ;) pretty sure it's better for a dev to take feedback from people that use than the silence of those not using it, just saying

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Will, there is feedback, and ranting. As a developer, it is extremely hard to use the ranting type posts as a valuable source of feedback. Even more so, the willingness to read such posts or take at all seriously, probably diminishess with each roadmap.

Take wolpol4 latest submissions as an example. I'd prefer silence over that, just saying.

bwana, Ernie, jayarrbee36 and 2 others like this.
  5. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

We love rF2...
    ...like a candle in the wind...
    :p

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

In the current state even those kind of posts matter

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  7. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I don't think that agressive posts have any good influence on the development of a game. If you really think that rF2 is in such a bad state I would clearly advice you to take a look at alternative software solutions and check their state and what isn't fixed or missing since ages or what will never get updated again , before we start collecting ideas and rants about missing visual damage, a floating tire (wich happens in pretty much any sim), or nitpicking stuff like missing wind animations for trees. People won't believe it but if I search hard enough for graphical errors in games I will find them in a matter of a few minutes, no matter if it is rF2, AC, PC or AMS. Just take a look at RD and the comments by some people. The constant obsession for GFXOMG1111!!! is so disturbing sometimes that I wonder if people wouldn't be better with just watching a movie about cars or looking some of the very nice photo galeries that you can find on the internet.

I think nobody is denying, that rF2 has some rough edges here and there that need some polishing. But I think Studio 397 is just on the right path with their priorities, wich are better accesibility for the user and updates to the front end and UI. The gfx updates should give people having problems with the visuals and performance something to look forward aswell. Most of the time I get the impression, that for the average user the glass is mostly half empty and not half full and if you show them an improvement, that it is still not enough. Wierd ...

8. Comante

Comante Registered

Which current state? This game that for you is dying will receive a complete overhaul in a few months, and you know that will happen. Down the road, more other features, requested years ago, are currently in development, and you know it. I don't really see how you can begin to dig a hole to bury a horse that is still running and kicking like that.

9. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

I try hard to keep up with all feedback, but obviously can't respond to every post. The forum is a valuable source of information for us to understand what people are interested in and I think we have already explained that we have a long term roadmap for rFactor 2. Our first big tasks were to update the graphics engine, add VR support and provide a user interface that is easier to work with but we won't stop there.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

What he said :D

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  11. Alesi

Alesi Registered

the only chance - make picture and fitures something like Pcars2 (picture will be enought) - new engine Unreal 4 in half year - only this maybe can save rf2....

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks Marcel Offermans .Great work .
    Just please don't touch the Ai . I have the best races of my sim life against them , moving over to protect their line and even pulling off line after they have finished their hot lap in Qualifying . Brilliant .
    Also the flag system has to be the best of all also . Again Brilliant .
    None better :)

13. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

On RD, Marcel said about this very subject :
    Make of that what you will.

14. Alesi

Alesi Registered

yeap(( ok..

15. KittX

KittX Registered

Those are not 3d crowds.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Oooh no the AI still needs to be improved so please touch it :D

17. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

With red eyes in a dark corner:
    "Yes they are..THEY ARE!!!"
    (Maybe I chose the wrong pic but Reiza has both, 2D and 3D models often are mixed,of you have the game launch it and check)

18. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Funnily Woodee, it seems that all you can say is "why don't you do this or that yourself, and see how it goes". It's getting a bit old.

Guimengo likes this.
  19. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Being a brown noser is not helping either ;)

Guimengo likes this.
  20. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

New guy here and I am soooooooo excited!!!

I have been telling everyone in Assetto Corsa about it. We are all looking forward to this.

Big fan of your tire and chasy flex mod.

Great work!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.