keep tyre wear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doberk, Feb 15, 2017.

1. doberk

doberk Registered

Hello

How I can configure dedicated server to keep tyre wear from qualify to race? I used to configure it in rfactor 1, but I can´t remember how :(

Thanks in advance.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Not possible.

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

There are some "parc ferme" entries in the rF2 default.rfm. Not sure, if they`re working...

4. stonec

stonec Registered

The wear is not one single value in rF2 as it contains the heat history of the tire as well etc., so it would probably require a lot of data to be transmitted between all clients and the raceserver.

5. doberk

doberk Registered

I can't believe one feature of rf1 could not be present at rf2. This is a common rule in many real championships. If is really not possible I think is a very important step back in rf2…

And what about ParcFermeFuel? Is not either possible keep fuel from qualify to race?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  6. stonec

stonec Registered

IMO it makes not a lot of difference, because even rF1 could only keep the wear in parc ferme from one quali lap/stint. As soon as you pressed esc and race again, for example if you did multiple qualifying laps, wear from previous lap was lost.

Regarding fuel, have a look at MULTI ParcFerme and FreeSettings in player.JSON, those should be able to force fuel kept from quali to race.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The tire model is far more advanced in RF2 than it was in RF1, better to have an overall move forward and lose some minor details than have no advancement at all.

FYI keeping tires between sessions has been wished for, don't give up hope it may well come one day :)

8. doberk

doberk Registered

Yes I know, but was possible at least. In my league, we had a rule in rf1 by which drivers in Q3 could not leave boxes more than 1 time, I mean, all laps they wanted but in only one stint, in order to keep tire wear from Q3 to race.

Hope you were right :)

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It actually passed through your tyre wear from the end of your fastest qual lap. (which also meant it didn't include any post-lap wear)

Anyway, rF2 doesn't do it, and there are technical reasons it either never will keep your full tyre condition (or will take a bit of time to synchronise data when required), but hopefully an approximation that doesn't add much time/bandwidth will be implemented at some point.

10. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Rather than start a new thread, on a tire related note, why are my tires always so cold?

I have crew chief, and even after 15 laps or so, it's always saying be careful your tires are cold!

The only way I can keep any heat in them is to practically drift or go on the grass and spin. Maybe it's a setup/pressure issue?

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Very dependent on the mod you're playing, as they can easily be set up to run cold or hot with an identical driving style. It can be a sign you're not driving up to full speed, because using your tyres to their fullest (for speed) involves keeping them quite close to the limit through entire corners which means constantly running them at an angle to their direction of travel (which generates heat), but that's in the context of the mod (as per my first line) and you can only really confirm it by comparing to other drivers. And obviously long straights tend to produce colder tyres (though again, a mod can alter that to a fair extent).

12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

That´s not the only thing/feature that didn´t made it´s way from rF1 to 2, but league-racing works nevertheless very good.

13. doberk

doberk Registered

Today I have seen more interesting things about tires. they don't prick when reach 0% wearing. When tires are 0% the car skids, but you can continue driving, tires don't prick. Can I change this behavior or maybe is a fault of the mod?

I also noted other strange things, temperatures seem crazy. I saw how the tires was more and more hotter while the car was stopped at box. They should cool themselves when car is stopped, not become hotter...

The mod is HJK F1 2016

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, rF2 tyres don't puncture when they hit 0%.

The on-screen display reflects the part of the tyre that's touching the track I think. If you sit for a bit, then roll slowly, you'll see the temperatures fluctuating as the cooler parts (which were only touching air) alternate with the hotter part (formerly touching the track) as the wheel turns. The contact patch getting hotter at rest would seem indicative of higher internal rubber temperatures bleeding to the surface, but that could also be mod dependent.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Never saw that a tyre became hotter when I stand still. You propably waited just for 2 seconds or so.....
    Temp behaviour is as expected for me. Even the badest mod can´t be that screwed up that tyre doesn´t cool down when standing still.
    You have a video showing this?

16. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Tires not exploding when reaching 0% is something to be solved by S397. It would be nice as well if punctures would occur either with some random factor, after a crash or after driving over debris from another incident.

In normal mods tires get cool while stopped. If they get hotter and hotter is something regarding the vehicle you are using. Report it to the creator of the vehicle.

17. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

0% would likely be the amount of grip left, i.e. optimal performance tread - the top layer. So 0% shouldn't mean a puncture, necessarily, but you'd probably be driving on the carcass of the tyre.

18. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Remember that there are sometimes brake temperatures nearly 1000°! Tire temperature could be maximize by using brake temperature in formation lap. Why should not tires temperature grow on for an moment by standing in pit, if brake temp is very hot? There is no cooling effect if you´re standing. I think it could be possible!?

Juergen-BY and Nimugp like this.
  19. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

A real tire would explode way before it loses the amount of grip shown at 0% tire life.

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yes, thats exactly the point. It is surely possible, to reach higher tire temps while standing e.g. in the pit, after some laps where the brakes and rims got hot.