It's official - Offline racers are cooler than online racers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by P.S.R., Nov 1, 2015.

1. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

This forum is funny! I should come here more often.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

There is no denying that there can be crap online communities, i don't know them personally in simracing but I've been an fps gamer long enough to repeat what Will mentioned: give 'some people' admin power and we all in trouble :)
    Moreover, such a thing will wear down heavily on a community with people being upset, playing favours, flaming each other and whatnot.
    Enter such platforms and you're doomed.

And i happen to know Navigator's words are not just crap, it happened.
    But it seems unlucky, and we have to be lucky enough, or research enough, to find the right community for us.

Heck, even if you can pick from 5 good communities, maybe only 2 will do because of a certain set of rules, mods/tracks used, etc.
    So pick wisely and the sim-experience will multiply by the force of a thousand black locusts. guaranteed.

But one of the benefits of being a member is that you soon will have the ability to influence the course of future, when admins listen to their members (and they should) (but not always!) it becomes a symbiotic thingy where great stuff can happen.

But yeah, people are people :)

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Guys, I said two times before this one; its not about leagues(!!) Its about online in general and SOME OF THEM, EVEN in A league.

But you all "attack" me saying leagues are good and you have in your mind I'm talking rubbish about them. Not responding to those kind of messages anymore; grow a brain and learn to F-ing READ!
    This is the third time I have to "defend" myself for something I did not write and explained two times already. What are you guys, all on dope??

(Yes, its worth a ban)

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Now you are exagerating............
    I see the problem seems to not be only "the others" in the races you described

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Why would he lie?
    Why would he make up these experiences?
    Sure it happens.

6. jjcook

jjcook Registered

very often the only reason

7. Tony

Tony Registered

It's all a bit too polarized :p

I race solely online, but last night I needed to learn with a new car on a track I've raced many a time (URD's T5 cars @ Birmingham USA) so & I raced with the AI offline, simply to follow them to learn the corner-entry speeds quickly for the race that night; & it worked a treat

& I was pleasantly surprised with the AI behaviour too (I know that sounds snotty - it's certainly not meant to!)

And if anyone's up for a 1hr Group C race: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ns-Sat-7th-Oct?p=396010&viewfull=1#post396010

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Really?
    Thats exactly the type of online mentality that I tried to describe, thanks for that.

What I mean by that? You can read back the facts and you just say its not so.
    You just tell me I'm exaggerating when I say "I told you two times before"......... read post 30; I tell a few reasons why guys might not want to play online and then read the replies; all about leagues.
    I explain myself I'm not talking about leagues; again about leagues are the replies.
    Same thing AGAIN..........
    And you just go and say I'm exaggerating.........those ARE the facts; here for anyone to read mate. But you rather go and deny it to make your point.

But you are right, I admit; I took the time to make up all those facts, just for no reason. But hey, what do you expect from a lesser human being that only drives offline?

Funny fact; all onliners are defending leagues and online driving, but NONE of them asked themselves WHY (some) guys drive offline. As superior humans beings, shouldn't you have a bit of reflection? Instead of just thinking off liners are just plane stupid, slow and socially awkward?

Another funny fact; there IS a guy here that KNOWS all these things happened to me and we talked about it back then; he is not responding :)

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

For real, read again your post. You got problems...
    I'm not saying it's false, I too had a similar experience, but read again the way you are posting (especially this last one), you are exagerating. You gotta see a doctor maybe. o_O
    Other than time and the wish to use some mods leagues won't take, I see no reason to drive offline. And I did it for a very long time, I was afraid to join online races, had a bad experience right in first races, but that did not stop me from finding good places to race.
    Nobody is seeing online racers as superior beings. Dude... really, get real xD

*If you want to go for public servers, honestly, they are just bad IMO. But this is pretty much the reality of any game nowadays, things used to be better 10+ years ago.

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I got problems, I need to see a doctor. Sure; I race offline!

You contradict things that are here for everyone to read, black letters on a white background on my laptop.........its just there.
    But I am the one that needs to get "real".
    Hmm.....lying, judging, telling someone he is not okay because he doesn't agree with him, taking the high ground to say the other one needs a doctor........and you DONT think you come across as thinking you are a superior being? Wow, talking about needing a doctor.

You want to know what my MAIN reason is for racing offline??
    Those points I mentioned, started it all of; I didn't feel like going online anymore. (I thought I was allowed to ventilate my opinion/expirience, but as its hard to swallow for the die hard online racer; its just lies.)
    Then I took up a new hobby and that took a LOT of time, making it not worth to go online anymore as I had no time to practice.

That hobby was modding.
    I made a few people happy with parts for their cars.
    I made a few people happy with altered tracks.
    I made engines for almost 50% of the mods you can download here today. Did about 20% of the suspensions.
    I help guys when they pm me with their engines when they make a mod for themselves or to publish.

So, that took up a lot of time. My own time. I have never asked for money and I absolutely don't want that.
    But I spend my time and contributed even if its just a bit.
    Only to get shot down in a topic that is made to PISS ON offline racers.
    (Hence my question; did you or other "attackers" of offline racers ask yourself why they do it? NO; its easier to say they are slow, idiots and so on.)

Mate; I drive 5 laps a week, just testing the new engines or suspension.......there is no mod at that time; its not done yet and so no server off course. Thats all I do.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
  11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Can you perhaps tune down the judgement?

How narrow-minded are you to suggest that someone "needs a doctor"? Rude AF!

Maybe you should keep away from forums if you can't deal with different opinions but your own more appropriately? All you've done here is offend, personally.
    Appearently it's a trend in the sim racing community these days to suggest people, with differing views and or bug-reporting of your game, to "go get help, see a doctor".

I'm no saint but I certainly don't go 'round questioning other users' mental health.

It's a ridiculous tendency!

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Oh boy... the days where people get offended by anything, even over the internet. Really, read your posts again... it was just strange to see him considering people were seeing themselves as "superior being" just because they race online, that's ridiculous and to me it shows something is not right, nuff said. Peace.

13. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

He is right. Once I started online racing. I grew a third eye, another arm and another leg. Now I am a complete super human.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

14. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

Ive spent the last 2 days downloading mods to just join a server......
    sometimes I see a server with 3 guys but at the time my download is finished, all drivers are gone. Its really insane how bad the mp is right now.
    joining a league is fun but I need to be able to just have some public racing which is almost impossible now. A new guy who has never used rf2 before will just delete the game after trying for hours.

back in 2014 I remember rf2 mp being much more populated than now. Its a shame because its the best sim out there IMO. I seriously hope steam will make rf2 a bit more populated and pickup racing gets back to the old days.

15. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

If I was to take a crazy shot on the dark I would say I think these comments were directed at that addicted spewer of acidic vomit, PSR, not you Navigator or offline racers in general. Funny stuff! I like it.

Probably RF2 community is small enough already without splitting on offline/online divisions, this is all very silly. I note it is the professional operators with nothing else to do on this forum that play a key role in kicking everything off all of the time.

I got rained on this morning, it made a mess of my hair :( It wont happen twice though. For as of today I shall never leave this house again! Never! I will live like a hermit and that rain will never get me again, HA! Screw you mother nature, who's laughing now?!

16. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I read it over and over... And still, you are the one questioning peoples sanity. :)

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Nope, not just because they race online; because of "top 5's" like this and the approval for it by online guys like Eddy.
    Not just Eddy; the topic is drained with posts like that.
    So, "they" made themselves superior; I just acknowledge.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

How about you two just don't reply to each other anymore? Use the forum ignore function.

19. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Sidestepping title here to comment on why I prefer offline racing:

Honestly, outside of organized league racing (which I can't fit into my morphing schedule), I can't find reliable online racing. Almost always, racing against AI gives me more challenge, let alone clean racing, than racing online. iRacing included, which in my opinion is vastly overrated for its online play. Made it to B license and raced weekly in higher rated series, always had smashers and irresponsible back markers. Anyway, yeah, offline racing against AI provides a stable and predictable experience where I can tailor the challenge to my needs at that time.

It's perfect for me.

20. Comante

Comante Registered

I completely agree with MapleHamwich, I live in Italy, and sadly I can dedicate my spare time to RF2 just in the evening or for some time in the weekend. I always give a look to the online servers, but usually the populated servers run some mod that I don't have (I use only official cars except for a championship I'm in that use its mod), so, despite having more than 10 GB of circuits, there is very little I can do in my avaiable freetime. So, I end offline, so I can run the cars that I know how to drive, on the tracks that I like with the challenge level that I can manage. I can even run practice and qualify and race in different evenings, so I don't have to have 2 hours straight to race. Don't get me wrong, I like to race online, and I don't look for a server with 20 cars running, 2 or 3 are more than enough, but if I have to race with a car that I don't like, or I don't know, how helpful could be my presence to the other players? They will probably complain that I'm one of those idiots that enter servers just to crash in someone. :) Sometime ago, things were a bit different, there were less cars, less tracks, and it was easier to find a bunch of people racing, probably with skippys at limerock, but it was a lot of fun, and it was a learning experience. Probably the number of player was roughly the same of today, or surely less, but having less offer, and less leagues on RF2 back then, there was more to do on free servers.