Issues With Packages Location?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Pax, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Pax

Pax Registered

Hello,

When installing, I chose to point both core and data to C:\games\rfactor2. Is there a problem with that? After successfully having made the purchase I can't click "login" at the simulate screen and the mod manager shows strange info, look at the attached picture:

View attachment 402

As you can see, e.g. the historic mod does not show any vehicle installed. Neither does the Megane trophy.
    Formula Renault shows a v1.1 vechicle, but it says it is not installed.

A bit confused here, is this and the fact I cannot launch rF2 due to the Packages location or something else?

2. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I advise for them to not be in the same location, yeah. Although some of the devs say it works fine. What I would suggest is that you uninstall all the mods and try reinstalling them fresh, if that doesn't work, backup the rfmod files, uninstall rf2 via control panel, reinstall with different locations, replace rfmod files, install the mods, check it then.

4. Pax

Pax Registered

It seems rF2 does NOT support core and data in the same location (at least not in the location I gave above).
    I had to reinstall rF2, and when I used the default, separated locations everything worked fine right off the bat.

However, the mod manager still shows incorrect info for the packages, so that should be looked into at some point.

5. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

Hmmmm ... i have core and data in the same location at drive D, and no problems so far.

6. chunder27

chunder27 Registered

Had endless issues with this all day.

The torrents were not recognised ny anything, and the file when opened simply was mod manager? I used a torrent file and a http fiole, and both were rfmod files. IOnce downloaded I could only put them in a few plcaes and could NOT drag them into packages.

Nothing seemed to work and neother mod manager or packages could be accessed to move the file to. No idea why? I am thinking now perhaps it might be a good idea to do the two locations thing. as I put everything in teh same place.

I know this is all new, but I am afraid I am asking for a refund, I dont have the knowledge to cope with all this.