ISI't possible that AI tire wear is not implemented ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chuckyeager, Aug 31, 2014.

1. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

Can't believe this ?

2. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Est-ce que tu utilise quelque chose de traduction? C'est un peu dificile comprendre tes posts.
    Je n'ai pense pas que l'IA a dynamic tire wear.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  4. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

Sorry ?
    "ISI't possible that AI tire wear is not implemented ?" just substituting ISI't for is it and nobody understand ?
    A.I. is for artificial intelligence
    Tire wear for using the tires, the piece of rubber that is attached to the wheel rim
    implemented should mean if my english isn't to rusty just coded (ok just kidding...)
    As i understand it, because real physic is impossible for AI driven cars it needs some kind of shortcuts, expression instead of calculation, a curve, an array representing the tire grip evolution while it is used and abused. Well i think in reality the same occurs for the player physic, is it that hard that 3 or 4 years on and still not tire wear ?

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

How do you know that there is no tyre-wear for AI?
    When I think hard, than the F2 could be a car where you are right, for the AI is lasting veeeery long on the tyres.
    But maybe my driving is just too bad so that the tyres are worn out much quicker for me.

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

lol. Oh dear, if you think the tires don't wear on your own car, I have a hard time believing you have done more than 5 laps of rF2. :p

7. 64r

64r Registered

8. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

no i meant there is a kind of shortcuts for tire wear simulation a very simplified physic

9. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

Well if it's implemented i have no chance to compete with it, there lap times are not diminishing while i'm killing the tires or i'm to slow...

10. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

Well it seems to be possible as on the Formula ISI, a driver's first lap is very good as it's on fresh tyres however as the stint goes on the lap times diminish by around 2 tenths per lap, and when they pit and go out on a new set of tyres, the lap times are back up to their best.

11. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

So it's just that the let's say "calibration" of A.I. tyres model isn't right for a specific mod, i thought specially of the ferrari 430 of realdrivingitalia which is very nicely done otherwise, even driver head movement are better than in any other mod and without plugin.

Is there a plr or json now parameter to accentuate the wearing process for those robots and for them only?

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

lol. My comment still applies, I highly doubt you have done many laps with rF2 if you believe this. ;)

It's been really hard to take people seriously around here lately. :p

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Jamie, you misunderstood.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

With any mod (even ISI) you're relying on what aspects have actually been worked on.

A lot of mods are made for sharing and racing online only, so AI is given very little thought. This is the pretty much unavoidable consequence of having such a flexible modding platform; there's nothing forcing modders to work out stuff they aren't interested in, so they just leave whatever values are already there. Even if they took them out completely and the game substituted some sort of default values, depending on the mod those defaults could be completely unsuitable anyway.

15. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

Yes ok, i think you are right, i should play without tire deg until i know how to taylor those things.
    I didn't want to criticize, just to solve a problem, i'm very aware of the work the modders do and i thank them!