ISI's marketing duty to subscribers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

My TimBan(tm) has ended.

This is the type of post you get, when banned:

>You have been banned for the following reason:
    >cool off. No, you do not deserve responses the way you post. The issue deserves one, yes. Answering in a forum isn't answering the issue.
    >Date the ban will be lifted: 10-27-13, 05:00 AM

Everything I have ever said is still here, undeleted. Of course I think I did not really deserve a ban, but rather some kind of response to my OP.

It seems some people took my OP personally, and I apologise for that. I am somewhat autistic (for real - HFA/AS), and I can be unaware of how I might be misinterpreted.

However - and it is just my opinion - it looks to me like my ban was an example of 'power-on-display', and really not much more.

I tend to believe this is not appropriate when dealing with paying customers, unless they somehow engage in abuse/insulting/swearing or other inappropriate behaviour etc.

Using the interpreted 'tone' of a customer to justify a communication ban upon them, is some pretty thin ice upon which to be skating.

However, we cannot choose who mods the forums of the products we choose to buy. Hopefully, I will not be singled out for further retribution.

Great to see it is such a popular thread. I will try and keep my head down and not ask too many questions ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013
  2. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Yes - well I guess I lot of things are relative. Excuse? Nope. I was not trying to be abrasive (particularly in the OP). I should know. I stand by everything I say. It still reads acceptably to me. Interpretation is the key.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013
  3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Not having the time to engage in endless conversations with people all the time is key also. sometimes its best to cut to the chase and spend time on more demanding issues.
    Trust me, been a moderator on loads of forums for decades, no1 ever agrees it was the right call and if you fall into the trap of discussing the details you spend all your time convincing people into something.
    Other paying costumers need Tim's attention as well :)

Welcome back :)

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

and?

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Completely in your hands. Only those who choose to single themselves out, are reacted to in any way by the members who report their posts, and by those dealing with those reports.

I've also said before that if someone takes up too much of my time, I will ban them for that, as well. Not going to apologize for choosing to read and reply to 100 other people rather than one screamer once in a while.

The forums are NOT a right of any paying customer. It's far easier to not be banned, try it sometime. :)

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Just spend 40 minutes trying to be a pickup racer, a server, any server!

Simply impossible, even when taking the time to auto-download.
    Always missing something, getmod either hangs, fails or sends me back to lobby. versions of older tracks. multiple track d/l only works for the first track, 2nd one failing after repeated attempts, even on the popular ISR server where things are presumably setup correctly. just cannot get in.
    And on top of that, not sure if just me, the more I try and fail, the more rf2 lobby hangs and starts acting wierd. takes minutes to get out of a getmod and the whole thing just freezes up.

Glad i'm a league racer (sadly not yet for my league) but pickup racers are going to go mental if this doesn't get streamlined a bit.

/rant :)

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Oh, installing a new mod now, gotta do something with yer free time hehe. but first, a big load of vmods and failed mods to delete from mod manager :p

8. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Lols. Perfect actions, everytime. Got it.

9. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

New ISI race servers......that was suggested here in this thread I think.

Why didn't you just tell us when we asked you, Tim?

Nothing like frustrating people until you ban them, then announcing the answer to their question. Lol