ISI, what is the differences between Marussia 1.0 and 1.42?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DA, Apr 16, 2013.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

With changes to car internals, it only makes sense setups might require some changes as well :)

2. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Is there a thread in wich you can notice the updates? or i must look one by one searching for updates?

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm hoping to add a way for you to easily see this with the next content releases.

To actually find an update right now, you can see version number and date on the rF2 downloads page.

4. 64r

64r Registered

A bit OT but Tim is it possible to create a mailing list that we could subscribe to so that each time a new update is made/released then an email is sent to all subscribers?

5. 88mphTim

I did have one before, but the software stopped being supported by our host. I can look for another, or perhaps a simple forum addon to do it.

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Or perhaps our launcher when being started could connect to the servers and seek if there are any updates to ISI content available and pop it up on the launcher window with links to new content or perhaps even button that would automatically download new stuff (sth like update menager that we already have) to packages folder and then we could install it via mod menager? :)

Just giving an idea :D

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

I am surprised it has not yet done. Any software on the planet updates itself automatically after report an existing one, only rf2 not :)

8. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

View attachment 7361
    He took the skin from version 1.0 and put it in the new version, somehow overlap inscriptions with Marussia

9. 88mphTim

rF2 can, but we give a step of user interaction because it is NEEDED. Content cannot auto update yet. The astronomical problems it would cause with compatibility FORCING that, would dwarf any other issue.

Any other software, doesn't have or give users the options a platform like ours is expected to give.

10. 88mphTim

The new Marussia has higher resolution textures on a separate file.

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

Understand. Thank you Tim. Then I would please only to experience the progress soon. The driving experience in rF2 is the first that could impress me. Now, I would please only about the gaming experience what makes people like me to use and controle these easier. :)

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Whatever you did to Corvette, SUPERB! Very good job ISI. More of this :)

13. 88mphTim

Ok, going forward we should have some simplistic release notes for content. I went back and pulled Marussia and C6R notes as best I could, but not sure of the exact cutoff... So erred on side of caution.

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/devscorner/

So now the dev corner might be the place you go to see latest developments, and to be notified if something is new since last build, etc.

14. Radar

Radar Registered

Hey Tim, not that it really matters but I'm not sure if it's the 'actual' date of release or it wasn't changed, but the Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT2 has Current version: 1.41 – Mar 28, 2013.

Is this the correct date ? it would mean it was released before the Clios update, so I'm guessing it's suppose to be 16th, 17th April ?

15. 88mphTim

These versions have been in the sampler which was public since April 2. A communication fubar on our part led to them not being released as components.

16. 261trb

261trb Registered

hi i keep getting an error while trying to install the new c6r.. ive removed all the old files.. @ 16% of the install it stops and says error extracting..ive tryed downloading it 3 times.. same result...

also for the MR01 , i painted my skin and moved it to the new skin folder but now it has all the marussia logo's stamped ontop of my skin... does any1 know how to remove the marussia logo's ?

17. Radar

Radar Registered

Sounds like it's on the Alpha layer (without looking at it).. Check the Alpha layer and see

18. 88mphTim

First thing to check would be the filesize you have is the same as is listed on the downloads page.

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I had the same problem when I got the file from http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/- I think ISI has uploaded a corrupt file. I d/l from another link that was posted around here somewhere and that time it worked. So try another download location.

20. 88mphTim

If anything like that happens please let us know which link you downloaded from. :) green is ours, blue is community mirror. Green is often quite busy though, and if getting hammered we could serve a broken download...

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk