ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

That's good! I forced myself to watch 20 minutes of FP2 and I was falling asleep but yeah, I'm one of those boring old romantics regretting the golden era. There is something in my DNA preventing me to enjoy these sort of autobahns with concretes and fences. As for driver opinions I just don't care too much. I've my own. They canceled most beautiful circuits in the world just to make money with new pieces of tarmac, fences and concretes....and that's why I care about politics, because this is the first variable involved in the formula one dawnfall. Just my opinion, of course. I talk and think like that because I'm interested in the racing as well. In my opinion, this is not. :)

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Are you sure....... and of course I also have a smile for the south. :)

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

*Shivers*

I'm gonna go race the living daylights out of the brand new Honda we were just given by ISI.
    Then I'm gonna dream about the day Interlagos is up for download.

See you.

4. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I saw someone post links, so that is an option. I also now that in some european countries (netherlands is one, and I think denmark too amongst others) it is aired live from start to finish on TV, on MOTORSTV to be exact. And otherwise there always are streams available on the net if you search good enough :p

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Meanwhile the real F1 drivers are saying they like the Sochi track. Lots of places for overtaking.

You guys are just negative :p

This is going to be an exciting race.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm sold. I love the track. Such a beautiful place, cool layout.

Turn 4 is magnificent. Braking zone at 13/14 is way cool too.
    I like 11 too, such a fast exit to enter the long back straight.

There will be plenty of overtaking, both in GP2 and F1 I'm sure.

Sorry for OT.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Agree 110%. One of the reasons I love sim racing is the ability to preserve the older tracks (and some of the experience that went along with them) into the future. It's only digitally, but as the quality of the tracks keeps improving, we can get into a head space that makes it seem like you are really there. I doubt anyone will care to experience that about the parking lot tracks, but who knows. I see people online wanting the old Las Vegas F1 track, so to each his own.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

We very rarely hear true driver opinions in F1 anymore, it's all smoothened through the team PR machine. When Tilke asked Raikkonen in private about Abu Dhabi design in 2009, Kimi's comment was: "The first few corners are ok, the rest is ****". Needless to say you wouldn't hear this in a public press release. For me this track is just 90 degree corners, no fast corners, no elevation changes, just like Abu Dhabi or Valencia.

9. gneffio

gneffio Registered

I, honestly, don't understand. You (plural) talk about elevation change as the most important thing in a race track. So why everybody hated India? Plenty of elevation change, camber and off camber corner... See, there is no a special formula to build a race track, as longer as human taste is involved it will never be the perfect track. I, as example, really love Oulton Park, a great race track, while I hate something that here everybody seems to love, Croft. For me Croft is a s#### of a track, much more worse then any random Tilke-drome :)
    BTW, I was reporting India because, in the paper, it has all the right card to be a great track, but then in the reality he has none :)
    We all wish there could be the perfect formula, but there isn't.

P.s. sorry if I helped to derail, even more, this thread. I was hoping to see a tweet about Saõ Paulo... :) Tuttle can you hear us? ;)

P.p.s. I had to perform a new installation of win. I needed to send an email to reset activations, do you know if there will be chance to get it even today, Sunday?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It's an interesting discussion for sure. On paper COTA looked like a bomb of a track. Huge elevation changes, direct copy paste of parts from Silverstone and turn 8 at Istanbul. But it isn't epic in any sense of the word. It's forgettable at best.

11. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Whereas I am in the minority that adore COTA.

Swings and roundabouts.

12. matf1

matf1 Registered

I'm with Rich on this one, which quite surprised me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

13. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I like COTA a lot....:p

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

For those of you who like COTA: what makes you like it? Which features/corners etc.?

15. gneffio

gneffio Registered

I like CoTA too, the esses and the double apex breaking zone (Interlagos someone?! :) ) are great corners. Also the Instanbul on mirror triple apex corner. Also T1 with his huge elevation and near to blind apex.

I like CoTA really a lot :)

P.s. I remember I read somewhere that Tilke didn't designed the track but just the facilities, am I wrong?

16. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I simply enjoy driving it. Not that it has a particular flow, it just ticks all my boxes.

Good passing opportunities, different types of corner etc.

As for Tilke my understanding is a plot of land is given, sometimes with buildings in place or at least exactly where they're planned then he is told "make a circuit fit".

17. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I like it too :) I like the S's.. The 'turn 8'-ish double right hander... I hate the Bahrainy ever tightening left-hander... I like turn one, blind and wide... And a nice long straight where you can attack if you get a good exit out of the lead-out corner.

18. gneffio

gneffio Registered

I was referring just to CoTA Rich, i think it was on the iRacing forum... but i cannot remember if there were some source linked or just a member who wrote this... :)
    Anyway, the description of Tilke's work is a perfect match :D

19. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

COTA is a parking lot and a horrible looking racing circuit IMO. It's way worse than Sochi.

20. stonec

stonec Registered

Drivers actually like India due to the roller-coaster like sectors 2 and 3, uphill-downhill with fast corners. I don't remember hearing anything but praise for that track.

"Most modern tracks have a very similar feel,” said Hamilton, “you find that the same driving style and rhythm suits them all”.
    “But the Buddh International Circuit is different: it has more in common with a great track like Spa than it does with any number of the more modern places we visit.
    “And that's because it's got an incredible flow basically, from turn four, a wide-apex right-hander that sweeps downhill, the track is just a series of fast, rolling curves which really allow you to put the car absolutely on the limit."