ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I'll skip this event. I really can't watch any race in there. It is not a race circuit, it is not a street circuit...it is nothing for me. It's like a joke designed in half a day, using a parking lot area, just to move the money. I just hope will be buried soon as happened with Korea and India.

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Yeah, it's VERY "Valencia" and I really don't like that track either :(

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

4. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

It should be smart to stop judging track til race. In the end what matter is, how much show track can serve. We already have some interesting tracks, "judging layout and elevations on paper" but in practice and reallity they can be pretty boring to watching also. Will see if imagine of track creator(how he design track to enable close racing as much and as long as possible) will be successful.

5. Alex_

Alex_ Registered

A really nice news. I really hope it's just the beginning of a collaboration, and I hope that next year Reiza, will make a gcs 2015 with the last ISI technology.
    I only have 2 wishes:
    ISI Implement "3d grass" technology http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/4786/10014077_10152348358517743_1644567712_o.jpg The Reiza track have it. (Tuttle was really nice and explained to me why they do not want to do, but I hope they change their minds, or at least put as optional)
    ISI Implement "real 3d mirror" technology http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/14694275245_36a1c8bc4a_o.jpg

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I'm curious how that would go..... I believe Tim once said that they are working on have a system ingame that can recognise paid mods, and if you paid for it or not, that would help with 'official third party add-ons'. So maybe the collaboration won't be that Reiza are going to make a game with rF2 physics, but a paid add-on for inside rF2??? Who knows.

Anyway, this track at the very least is very good news for me allready :)

7. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I just read some of the comments from fee practice today and surprisingly the drivers give the track good credits. The funny thing is that several drivers made a comment about how bad the track was in the simulators and that they were happily surprised with the RL counterpart.

8. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Partially agree, partially disagree. Racing has some math involved (corner apex, kinetics, cambers/off cambers, corner with multiple radius/tang, G force peaks etc...) for a good flowing, it's not just about up and down elevation, of course (and we agree on that). It is clear we can't blame Tilke for that project. He did just the possible (I'd say it was impossible) to fit the road course around a pre-existent pancake area with plenty of Olympics complex. That infinite turn can't be fun in any way, you'll end hitting a static and never ending lateral force and then wait for the exit to go into a 90° corner. 10 turns are, sigh, just tight elbows. Predictable errors too (late braking mostly)... And that pit entry....:)

Said that there is a politics issue involved in my opinion (not talking about geopolitics no...). That huge waste of money to "export" the F1 around the planet, most of the time, it's just a "one shot" money game (India circuit Docet). I'm curious to see what they'll do with that place, after the event. This is a typical pattern of modern sports, not just F1. Invest, building crazy structures, make money, abandon.

Still OT sorry. :eek:

9. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Lovely revelation earlier today with the São Paulo GP track. Next up... Spielberg? São Paulo '76? Jacarepaguá (it'd fit a bunch of classes)? Reiza's kart tracks? Virtua LM's Watkins Glen (Seneca Lake Raceway :p)? Hehehehe.

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Good thing we have WEC at Fuji then :D

12. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

or the bathurst 1000 (PS, talking about bathurst, I hope in the future in this topic, we can show a post of the track team showing a preview screenshot of that track :p )

13. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Of course agree, just we should still wait till end of race or two at least for final opinion :)

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

I know you don't need anyone defending you, that was not my point, but the guy you have muted is a good example for the primates beside the children acting like junkies around you, which are the one inflict a real loss for you in my opinion, not people like me beeing on a different level, what this people will never understand, because they are simply not able to, and you know that, and you also know that I always have speak in friendship to you, no matter how rough it seemed but I simply don't belong to those which talk them self happy to justify their addiction.

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Is there a way to watch it, if you're not in Aus? :)

Haha, this guy - keeps going at it :D

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh dear, it's like watching a train wreck about to happen.... You don't want to look but can't move your eyes... Sigh.
    Anyways.

I was well and truly surprised today by the Sochi track. A couple of really cool corners, some difficult baking zones etc.
    Turn 3 is really cool, with the rear ends of the cars dancing around. Some can go flat, some can almost go flat, "where's the limit" kinda stuff.
    I'm sure it'll provide some good entertainment. As far as F1 politics go (Bernie, commercial stuff etc.), I'm not really interested. I'm interested in the racing.

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

I think you know me well enough to know what I think and do at this moment............ I leave it with a smile for you. :)

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

19. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Didnt watch the practive today but our fellow dane Kevin Magnussen was also positively surprised by the track. He said it was much better than he expected compared to the simulator. But he also did quite well in P2 maybe that has a little to do with his opinion as well :p Very exciting to see if he can do well tomorrow !

20. bwana

bwana Registered