ISI Anti-Aliasing Levels and How They Relate to Video Card Driver AA Levels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otta56, Jan 15, 2012.

1. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Here is another one:

Wow, what a great technical support on this thread..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Any chance you can stop spamming that in every post? I've issues a spamming warning on your account here, so please stop it.

3. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

yes, and i can tell you if you send a pm warning me about this, i can call your message unecessary as a spam too and of topic. Instead of it you of ISI could answer the OP.

4. vali

vali Registered

Please, grow up.

Back on topic. I just got a N560GTX-Ti and put everything at max. I still see some jaggies here and there in 1440x900. I would like to know what every AA setting means. I think it should be no problem adding something like in the dropbox instead numbers only.

0 - No AA
    1- 2AA MS

BTW, Spa is gorgeus and the difference with my older HD4850 is abysmal. If ISI can manage to do a good optimization to the final version and this kind of graphics can be seen in less powerful cards, most whinners about poor graphics and DX11 thing will stop complaining.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

See you in a week.

6. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

Thanks.

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

@Vali
    Those Levels are exact representation of what is available through drivers settings.
    The only thing we don't know, is why there are 2 more settings for nVidia (should be 6 but there are 8).

And we are still waiting and hoping, someone from ISI could explain that, because right now I just have no idea what AA I set (which was not a problem in rF 1).

8. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

Not true for me. I have 6 values in nVidia control panel and 8 values in ISI drop down menu.

9. Domi

Domi Registered

I'm not going to defend him, but he has a point. We have 0 support on some sub-forums, like the "Car modding" one. I wonder why does ISI want a public beta stage if there isn't proper help in such things as car modelling/physics... there is plenty of help and info on the tracks section, but nothing there.

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Maybe they are busy with developing the game?
    They may read it and work on the problems; if they have to answer al the questions here on the forum, they have more than a full day job!
    Mind you; a beta is for feedback on the game so they can fix bugs for instance......it is not for solving all individual problems people might have with a game that is not officially released.
    What do you want; a game that's better and all bugs fixed, or just your one or two problems solved and let the game be crap for others?

11. Domi

Domi Registered

And what feedback do you want if there are so many black areas? Like in the tire physics for example.

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Supposably, ISI wants all the feedback they can get. Maybe they can't attend them all, but not telling them is not knowing......

13. Marek Lesniak

Now, go back to my post and re-read it, especially the second sentence :)

Maybe if I wrote "supposed to be" instead of "are" would be clear for you?

14. DRat

DRat Registered

I agree completely. It would be nice to know what the "levels" equate to in terms of graphics settings. On my nVidia GTX-260 control panel with the 285.79 driver, there are quite a few more than 6 or 8 "settings". My personal manual settings for rF2 are shown in the attached image of the nVidia Inspector page for rF2 - these give me a much better image, with no flickering and no jaggies, than any of the "levels" and still with a very good frame rate, even at Monaco in front of the pits.

There are at least 13 individual values selectable just for "anti-aliasing setting" alone, and many, many combinations with other AA and AF settings.

At the same time, many or most rF2 buyers won't care what the card parameter values are as long as a higher "level" gives them a better image albeit with a lower frame rate so they can pick the best looking level with acceptable frame rate. Optimization ahead? Maybe ...

15. Marek Lesniak

You are refering to additional unofficial levels available from nV Inspector. That does not count :p
    Oh, and don't mix AF into the story, as you can set it separately in rF/rF 2.

16. DRat

DRat Registered

Ok. I see that I have six and only six AA setting selections in my nVidia control panel, and of course some AF settings can be done there as well.

It now looks like downloading and installing nVidia Inspector is very much worthwhile.

Where is there a setting in rF2 for AF? (I have not found it)

17. Marek Lesniak

In the same place like in rF 1 - under in-game Graphics settings.

18. DRat

DRat Registered

Duh ....

Thanks. My old-timer's syndrome is acting up again.

19. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

that made my day...

20. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

really? what a sad day...