Images and object use for mods/tracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Cantwell, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Hi,

I have been looking at the screen shots and love the textures and objects. I was wondering, and sorry if this has been answered, can I use the rFactor 2 images and objects for my scratch built tracks? Some of the textures would be absolutley perfect for my update of Lakeside Park and Queensland Raceway.

Thanks for any info.

Mike.

(Mikec87)

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Mike my man!
    I don't have an answer for you but anything to do with Lakeside gets 10 thumbs up from me, be it for rF or rF2.

Love Lakeside and it's only 15 minute drive from home!!!

The first person to release Lakeside for rF2 will get a donation from me.
    And that's a promise!

As for QR, one of my least liked tracks.
    My opinion is a track needs elevation changes to be any good.

3. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Ha ha! Well that would be me since I have a 10 year exclusive licence of Lakeside. I hope to bring it up to better standards than now.

I am due for another photoshoot out there and will release in 2012 before June. Same for QLD Raceway.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Weren't rF1's textures/objects free for re-use? I guess the only question mark in rF2 would be any licensed content.

5. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho Registered

In the past they have allowed it but if you did your course wouldn't exactly be scratch-built would it ? :)

6. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

I know what you mean, as both my Lakeside and Queensland Raceway were all built from scratch, as are all the buildings and fences etc.

The main thing is the textures that make a track look good or average. Having looked at the screen shots of RF2, the textures are just very good and sourcing permission from other authors should be now not needed for me personally. Everything I need to polish my tracks would be in the RF2 game.

I look forward to RF2.