If I were the manager of ISI...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForthRight, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

holy cwap... Gjon :O

C:

2. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I was thinking the same thing lol ;)

3. Golanv

Golanv Registered

[​IMG]

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya Spinelli

Your right, rf2 ffb & physics are overall pretty much the best out there,
    It's the rest ( or most of ) of rf2 I'm pretty much done with

A clunky non efficient batch of coding that's now a tedious liability to ISI as well as our now shrinking community

A new start is the only way to serious success IMO

If it was isi's mission to create the very best sim available then rf2 could simply be a crucial part of its road map ....but let's move on & waste no more time

Not sure if gjon takes this seriously

P.s it's nice that you check in to the forums Gjon (-;

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  5. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Hopefully everyone who posts in this thread doesn't have a voodoo doll of them at ISIs office, but I'm going to stick my head over the parapet and say:

I would make sure the next release had the default exaggerated yaw set to 0, so that people that haven't seen that setting before don't leave it on 25 and then say the physics and ffb are all wrong, and ask for a refund before realizing they don't have it set up right.
    I would sort the user interface and multiplayer lobby out. I would make hosting a few clicks affair that worked from in game at least with standard ISI content.
    I would release a roadmap, not a timeline but a simple list of everything that is planned (that isn't secret due to licensing or a new feature at risk of being stolen) in the order that it is expected, so the modding community knew what to work on.
    I would fix the weather and wipers.

That pretty much finishes rF2 for you, ready for the q4 2015 release of rf3 beta featuring 64 bit multi-hyper-whatever-threading DX11 multi gpu compatible, plus linux client and server versions with a custom rf3 optimized kernel. It would probably also remind you to go to work, eat and use the toilet. And have biometric activation (no not this)

I do think it was ISIs mission to create the best sim available and they have, even in its current state. The polishing is frustratingly slow though. I would also say the online number of racers is actually slowly growing, not public servers just leagues which would indicate a slow adoption from the rf1 community.

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

So... Outerra and rF3? http://outerra.blogspot.com/2014/02/2013-retrospective-2014-look-ahead.html

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  7. coops

coops Banned

PPL should be glad Gjon even bothered to post in this thread. Would love to see what he has installed for RF2 this yr and where he see's the sim at the end of it.

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It was a lighthearted post but I think some are starting to stray from the original point.

9. rhamm

rhamm Registered

If I was in the nonexistant manager position I'd probably focus most of my attention on rFactor Pro since that's how the company pays it's bills, not from a few thousand sim racer wannabes.

10. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Um.. We are the sim racers.. Those guys on rF-pro are actual racers.. That is the difference.

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

http://www.moddb.com/engines

Go on... knock yourselves out, go make the best simulation on the planet... just be sure you open a forum for it so we can harass you about everything not implemented.

12. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

If I were the manager of ISI .... well, let's just say that that would be a disaster of unimaginable proportion. All people complaining about the flaws (in their opinion) would be joined by all the people who love rF2, who would be complaining that rF2 sucks now, and how on earth I could have scared away all the great people we have working in the game now.

So yes, for both customers and employees, let's please keep it as is, ISI Rules :D (wait, do I look like a fanboy know??? WHO CARES :p )