I must be Stupid !?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blanes, Jun 5, 2013.

1. blanes

blanes Registered

This is driving me crazy... I am not an expert and actually have not played Rf2 for a very long time even though I purchased it when it was first available.

Anyway I uninstalled everything to load the latest 218 build. I then installed all the latest tracks as well as Putnam Oulton Nordschleife and a few others that look great.

Now when I load the game and select the BT20 Brabham I only have 2 tracks to select from Monaco & Belgium even though I know all the other are there.

I realise it is something to do with the series but I swear that last year when I played around september I could race any car on any track and there must be a trick to it.

I have to say that even though I do like rF2 it is absolutely not noob friendly at all and things like this are a Huge put off to wanting to play as I have wasted over an hour now trolling the forums and net for some info that will put things right.

I am sorry if this all seems so utterly bloody obvious to most of you but please have some patience and spare a thought for users like me that are not very expert and only casual players.

Thanks and any and all advice appreciated but please not too much ridicule.

cheers

2. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

Look at the menu there is an option called 'all track and car" , this is what you are looking for ;)
    Question : Where did you get oulton park?

3. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Some questions, wich instaler you use, the lite or the other? you sure select "all car & tracks" ?

4. blanes

blanes Registered

It is greyed out should I uninstall and reinstall ? I downloaded full version.

Don't know why I said Oulton cause it is Croft I found ... though Oulton is nice track and maybe someone will create it one day.

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

It appears greyed out, but you can click on it and it highlights showing that you have selected all cars and tracks. When you click on it, you won't see the other series anymore, just the one thing showing all cars.

6. Tony

Tony Registered

Nice honest post 100, ..I remember your avatar!

I think the guys above have probably answered your post in the short term. As far long term use-ability goes, I've been banging on about this for months (& a few others have too)

What ISI are in the process of doing now is bringing out all their cars & tracks in "component" form (called: rfcmp's) Then you'll be able to pick anything to drive anywhere..

I've still no idea why they chose to add an extra layer of complication into the accessibility of it, & just knew posts like yours would keep popping up - & they do

Hope you're enjoying it now, as when you get over this rfmod/vmod wind-up, it's a great driving sim ..my favourite anyway :)

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Here here.

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Dude! NOT cool! Oulton is one of my favorite tracks! OK I'm calm now. It's OK :p

9. blanes

blanes Registered

Yeah thanks guys ... I did uninstall everything and cleaned out my registry and then downloaded some updates to tracks & cars etc. that I didn't have yet.

Anyway after a new fresh install I clicked on the button you guys told me about and it worked ! dunno what I did wrong previously but thanks for the help :)

I had a Senna Mclaren MP4 car mod which was absolutely bananas & great fun around monaco and brianza but that doesn't work anymore. Seems it was linked to earlier version 1.0 of brianza and clio 1.0

Why is it that new versions of tracks etc. are not compatible with older mods ? It just seems so difficult at times to get things working and will it always be like this or is it purely because it is still in beta stage ?

cheers anyway :)

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Nobody shouldn't release stuff in rfmod format anymore. ISI have moved to using separate components (rfcmp) and so should all the modders. After that installing mods isn't depending on having some specific tracks. Furthermore, it's admins' responsibility not to include outdated versions of mods or tracks in their vmods.

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The older vmods need to be updated in order for them to be able to be used with the newer versions of the tracks. This is not a long process, so them not being done is a fair indication to me that the vmod creator isn't worried about updating it. Perhaps someone could repackage the mod with just the car to make things work on it for you again.

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

The moral of the story is why the f**k are tracks even remotely linked to cars in the first place. Compatibility nightmare.

Ideally everyone should have every track released anyway (Auto-download if you join a server with it) AND they should all be updated to the newest versions automatically. Then you just take your cars to the track.