I had a dream last night...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flaux, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Codemasters know that their physics are crap in the eyes of an sim-fan. So beside the mainstream game, they could offer a hardcore edition for a sim-plattform. Models n everything would stay the same, again, conversions are done quite fast and they are left with the physics and some UI editing... They could sure make more money with a week of work... maybe two...

But, well... not my job to find out how this could work, but I'm sure it would be loved by the community.

I for myself would like to play gt and forza stuff on an advanced pc-sim like rF2 and they could sell more with a minimal amount of work... because, if "we" can convert the stuff, they could do a proper conversion in half the time.

In the end it was a dream that hit me with this idea. Don't want to preach here. I guess I just wanted to leave it somewhere, where it could be seen.

2. coops

coops Banned

what console racing game is simulated like a pc sim racing game ? none i think.. i don't want there gd looking cars with crap physics.
    IMHO leave them were they are

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Depending on what they want to simulate. For example one of TDUs or EA'a F1 serie, while suffering from car physics, put gamer deeper into racing events and their atmosphere. F1 also simulates surroundings or weather just better.

Of course physics is most important part for us, but it is no reason to say what I quote.

4. team355

team355 Registered

Wow some fantasy that one.
    You'll be saying you believe in heaven next........:p

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I want to be able to load up RF2, drive round for a bit then park up on the infield next to a large screen....on this screen I want to play FIFA13 and watch movies, then when I want to race again I just drive off and back onto the track...THATS a dream!

6. Come on guys! rF2 rocks and we all know it! :cool:
    GT5/Forza4/TDU...??? Never heard about that! :rolleyes:

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

LOL

I want to load my race car into a big trailer and then drive the trailer across country to the different tracks.

I want to a father an illegitimate child with Brazilian grid girl and then pay her hush money..... oh wait. That's a different game :eek:

8. dandar

dandar Registered

Sounds like the "Playb0y The Mans1on Nascar Edition" :p

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

This thread only shows how we all ran out of things to say... regardless, we are almost in October.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... this bit sounds good... ;)

:p

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

No one is saying to force people to charge. Also is law different if you are profiting? If so then why is PCC backing down because there's is free. Just trying to understand.

12. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

MarcusarilliuS_IRL Registered

Kinda like how flight sim works. You have FSX and XPLANE and then loads of companies that make professional DLC for them, be it scenery or aircraft or some sort of modules.

If this was the way with racing sims it would indeed be great.

1 or 2 sims that have proper, completely accurate realword physics and environment effects etc. (rF2 & Assetto Corsa maybe). Then loads of other companies producing professional level cars, tracks/track packs and plugins.

It would be the way to go but can't see it happening.

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

What would need to happen first would be for a company to become the defacto leader in the sim world. By this I mean that they would have to have a large market share compared to the other companies like FSX does currently.

Once the sim is established as the baseline, then more and more companies will put stuff out for that sim as it would be less costly on their part to try and develop a sim of their own to compete with the baseline sim.

14. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

With competition comes innovation.

15. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

16. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Is there a point to that rene-xmg?

17. osella

osella Registered

^I guess he means in pure communistic countries theres no private companies, just state companies hence no competition and little innovation.. although it is a bit similar to a monopoly (as some of us would like to see ISI being monopoly in race car sims), theyre different things though.