I give up Vr in Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rafael Valdivia Herrera, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Xiaowei

Xiaowei Registered

Im recently struggling with the serious random stutters in rfactors for almost one month, i almost tried every possible means in every corner of bios/windows system/steamvr/wmr,
    and finally the solution is to reinstall the windows11 and avoid install any latest update package.
    A fresh install of steam and steamvr
    A fresh install of rfactor2
    Make sure everything is fresh and don't touch the default setting unless you have to.

Now my rfactor2 is almost butter smooth
    But i admit rfactor2 vr is a very vulnarable system, any driver/software update may ruin the performance

My rig is 3090+14700k+32g+g2, pretty close to your setup, i don't think you will have any issue running rfactor2 vr at high graphic, mine with 16 visible cars, msaax4,fxaa on, high circuit/opponent/shadow,ultra raindrop, road reflection off, amost stable 90fps in all time all weather, very ocasion stutter.

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  2. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Got bad stuttering since steamvr updates

found out after lot of troubleshooting that it was my Fancontrol software creating it

switched off and butter smooth again

other monitoring tools like GPUz and Msi AB have the same negative effect

and that’s across the board of Sims like AMS2 ac ACC and RF2

it happens on my Q2 and pico headesets as well so no RF2 devs to blame at least in my user case

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  3. TonyM

TonyM Registered

what is your fan control software?

4. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Fancontrol is the actual name

I used to speedfan and moved to that one 2yrs ago

5. SharkVA

SharkVA Registered

rF2 is finicky to say the least when it comes to dialing in performance. It's achievable though. Definitely want to use the "rFactor 2 settings widget" app to help modify some of the more nuanced settings and to try some of the performance enhancers like FSR and foveated rendering. 90 FPS solo hot lapping is the first step, it gets more difficult as you add opponents, whether they be AI or human. Tricky finding that balance of bringing GPU resources right up to the edge of where the CPU resources cap out. If you can get your CPU and GPU frametimes in a similar spot, you're pretty well balanced.

It gets even more difficult when you consider the differences in performance from track to track, even in some of the official tracks. You may be smooth and steady on one track and then abysmal on the next thanks to some off-track or pit lane detail.