Huge Frame drops in VR (Purple lag spikes) - unplayable on each setting with the Reverb G2 / 3080

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TurboHenk, Jul 16, 2021.

1. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Hi, I play one year now rFactor 2 with the G2 VR. the stutter (purple peakes) are ONLY in some tracks, older tracks. Canadian tire, Magny cours ..... but normal not. try Brands Hatch, NO peakes. New tracks ... no peakes. I test a lot too, I use the last nvidia driver 512.15

I found a performance isue / purple spikes on server where some people has custom skins on her cars. No custom skin, no peakes. crazy but I think is has something to do with bad optimization in VR with the skins, same with some older tracks.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  2. Enric Miro Barba

Enric Miro Barba Registered

I'm with dropped frames in any comunity with +30 cars on track. Now on LFM (30 cars on server and more), I didn't have noticiable droppd frames (I am with openxr and can't see fpsvr, but I don't see DFrames anymore. I'm using Process Lasso, and maybe it makes diference I hope.
    But reading DjChrizz last post, take sense that in LFM servers, there are not custom skins, sooo, I will wait to the next VEC race to know why is so good playing in LFM, with lot of people and no dropped frames at all,

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Has anyone had a chance to try the G2 with a 4090 to see if there are still issues?

I’m actively looking for my next VR headset (been on a CV1 for years) and was just starting to settle on the G2 when I found this thread…

4. Enric Miro Barba

Enric Miro Barba Registered

Tonight, race on Speedinlive comunity, this time only 11 cars , Road America, OpenXR , medium settings, lots of dropped frames. I don’t understand nothing. There are custom skins there. On LFM with 30 cars and settings high no dropped frames. Maybe the custom skins, as @DJChrizz said, are the problem then?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

search 4090 and you should find threads. VR is dependant also upon CPU according to those threads, an average cpu can't leverage the top vid cards it would appear.

MileSeven likes this.
  6. vava74

vava74 Registered

Not sure if anyone mentioned this here, but a few months ago, there was an optional W10 update that cratered performance, causing huge stuttering.
    Same happened recently with some titles - even on pancake mode - on W11, also after an update (in this case, not sure if it was optional or not as I do not use W11).

7. vava74

vava74 Registered

Digga’s tracks are poorly optimised. The “esses” @ Road Atlanta is a very messy area, particularly with low sun from the horizon there.
    Okayama with morning sun reflecting on the glass, ditto.