Howston G4 instrument lighting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamesB, Jan 14, 2021.

1. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Guys fairly new here but wondered if someone could help, I was trying the above at Le Mans, WHAT an experience BTW. It got to dark in one session and I put the lights on but there were no illuminated instruments, not a game killer as I had a simhub overlay that I could use but I actually like to use the dashboard instruments as much as possible. I went through the controls but can find no method of turning on any cockpit or instrument lighting, am I missing something or is it just not modelled on some cars?

Thanks

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The lights are all tied together. Turning on the headlights 'should' turn on the dash lights as well. The dash lights have to be created and either they may have been overlooked, or one of the many graphic changes rF2 has undergone may have broken them.
    You might try the car at some other tracks to see if the problem is car or track related.

3. redapg

redapg Registered

@JamesB There currently is no Support for Dashboard Illumination, except of an emissive Color Setting in the Material, but that does not work with switching the Light on and off.
    To get it working together with switching the Light on and off, you have to use a kind of Workaround that has to be included in the Mod.
    In this Thread from 2014, i have written how it can be done.

4. JamesB

JamesB Registered

OK, thanks for the replies, Redapg, I am afraid that until I have a LOT more experience under the bonnet of this sim your fix is beyond my abilities but appreciate you pointing me to that thread, at least I understand the issue better now. For now I will just make up a simhub dash specifically to give me the rev counter and a few other things for this car at night. Interesting that in one of the posts someone suggests that some racing cars don't have illuminated gauges and that might be why its not done in the sim. That would be true of open wheeled cars with no lights and no prospect of being driven at night but for key gauges on cars like the Lola etc they certainly would have been illuminated for night use (I used to work with racing cars) but as I said, its not a big deal but I would love to have it working as it adds a lot to the immersion for me.