How to modify AIW and camera for a track?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by trollray, Jan 30, 2020.

1. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi guys,
    Here is my problem.
    I have created some cool aiw path and camera angles for carrera4 1988 tracks for personal use.
    I was able to use my modified track .mas files without any problems... , Since last beta update with new ui.
    I though it was because of that version and get back to last stable build (Also, no devmode in last beta ;) )
    But, no, as soon as i change something in a track, the mod will not be visible in my list.
    I suspect a sort of integrity check because when i place the original track file, it works again.
    I have tested the steam or downloaded version (0.941) and same results.
    Any idea? Suggestions?
    PS : Note that in my devmode, the track is working well with new aiw and camera but as soon as i use the mas file and put it to replace the original in location folder... All is broken :s

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

You can not replace mas files from an installed component.
    If you want to modify something, you have to repackage it.
    And to avoid conflicts, uninstall the original component, or modify your customized component in a way that it can not affect and can not be affected by the original version.

3. trollray

trollray Registered

@Bernd
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have find a solution with creating a virtual mod like it s done for a race event.
    With this i can manipulate nearly everything easely.
    I guess i had a race event with these tracks before updating to beta. Some reinstall have probably erase it and i was getting back as you said with obly original mod installed.