HOW TO: Hosting with SteamCMD and Paid Content

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Racki

Racki Registered

nice to see someone is still using Total Commander :cool:

lets seperate the problems. take on the key topic first.
    The serverkeys are generated on the server and need to be copied to the game pc. there the unlock file is generated which has to be copied back to the server.
    you can see your success when you open mod manager on the server. there will be additional text regarding that in the title bar.

hth!

2. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

Ok, i found the mod manager (bin32 folder), and i generated the unlock files again. the "keys loaded" text in the mod manager's header. the instal is working already.

i created a new mod package, and IT'S WORKING

so thanks for the help!!

but i have a new problem.
    I made a new mod package with all Endurance Pack cars, but when I join to server, i see the LMP3 car only.

i tried with all files, but i got an error message
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ok, i tried with updated files, but when i join to server i see only the LMP3

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  3. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

Sorry, my mistake, working fine!

Racki likes this.
  4. osilvab

osilvab Registered

I have not been able to update the DLC content after last update. I started trying it today 27/03.
    the main problem comes when I execute:

steamcmd.exe +login usr pwd +workshop_download_item 365960 1097229192 +quit

Then it strats to download apparently all the workshop content. filling up completely my server disk and thus giving disk error. the downloaded files are apparently corrupted and they dont show up in the ModManager.

I tried deleting on the fly the additional content that is being downloaded, but then i was getting "time-out" errors and still not being able to download the content properly.

I also realized that content is being download now to \workshop\downloads instead of workshop\content as it used to be before. So certainly something changed and it's not working well right now

5. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

When I update my dedicated server I copy the Paid content from my game PC workshop\content\365960\"specific car" folder to the packages folder on the server then install on the server with the ModManager. (There may be an easier way but this is my preference)
    When you are in the middle of downloading workshop items they are part files and should appear in the workshop\downloads folder. When the files are complete they should move automatically to the relevant content folder.

6. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Registered

Hi Guys!

In my PC the version of Endurance Pack cars are newer than version download in SteamCMD. Can anyone help me, please?

Example:

My PC: Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017_v1.67
    SteamCMD: Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017_v1.49

7. F1_racer68

F1_racer68 Registered

Maybe a dumb question but.....
    I've had my DS up and running for months with the Endurance pack and Sebring installed. Now with the new Le Mans 2018, do I need to redo the ServerKeys, or is that a one time thing?

8. Don Fryman

Don Fryman Registered

Yes you have to redo the keys on every new DLC purchace

9. F1_racer68

F1_racer68 Registered

Thanks for confirming @Don Fryman
    It's what I expected, but wanted to verify first.

10. simonk1809

simonk1809 Registered

OK, so I've been working on a dedicated server, with the very helpful information on this thread sorted it out and got it running with free steam workshop content, then decided to use paid content VIR and lmp2, no problem did all the keys everything working. Now hit a stumbling block, trying to put up Sebring server got it downloaded through steamcmd ok, so both version files sat in server packages folder. Did the keys process again and opened mod manager but no Sebring, did this many times but no luck. Can anyone shed any light please, was well chuffed that the server worked in the first place but now very frustrated as I know I'm close just missing something!

11. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

You have to do the keys again everytime you add more DLC

12. Goanna

Goanna Registered

And by do the keys thing we mean, after putting the Sebring rfcmp’s into the server packages folder, you need to start the server process up to the load track screen, then exit...copy keys file from server to local machine......start rF2 in SP and exit......copy unlock keys to server....open mod manager and you should see Sebring.

13. simonk1809

simonk1809 Registered

Thanks for replying Grimdad. Yep, did that. Just checking I did it right:

Closed server, copied serverkeys.bin to gaming pc rfactor2 userdata folder.

On gaming pc start up rf2 go through single player then copy serverunlock.bin and unlock.bin.

Put the above on server pc in server userdata folder then voila.

Done the above but won't bring up sebring on mod manager.

14. simonk1809

simonk1809 Registered

Thanks Goanna, yes I think that's right. It worked fine with VIR track.

15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Bottom right of mod manager, the working folder and packages folder are correct?

16. simonk1809

simonk1809 Registered

So with your help I've sussed it, removed downloaded rcfmp files, again did the server (lock) keys process. Then re-downloaded circuit, hey presto job done, So make sure you do server key process first then download the paid content.

GrimDad and Goanna like this.
  17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I really hope that this gets an update so we don’t have to mess with things in file folders or keys to things etc

I’ve wasted hours in the past trying to get all this to work , actually succeeded once but then later never worked again

Best if we just check a few things in our router settings & then rfactor2 configures itself to work

.....if possible ?

18. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I read the thread and got it working, even though I did the first part last. My fault on that one.
    1) You need to do the bin file copy and ServerUnlock file download and upload thing or you will not see the cars in the screen on the dedicated server as you walk through the screens even if you have them installed with the Modmanger. Please read the first page of this thread. It's easy. What this does is that it creates a file on your local computer and finds out who you are. That way, when the file is uploaded to your server it knows the content belongs to you and lets the car show up.
    2) I was lucky that a post in the thread showed the IDs of the exact cars I wanted to use, BUT, I didn't use the CMD file update method. If you get content from the Steam Store, the ID is not listed in the URL, like stuff from the workshop. I used the following steps, as mentioned by another poster earlier in the thread.
    3) After you have purchased and synch'd to the steam workshop and the content is installed on your computer, you need to copy the specific vehicle folder from your /rfactor 2/Installed/Vehicles folder. Get the whole folder for the car and upload it to the same folder on your dedicated server.
    4) When you are making a "VMOD" or an Event you also need to ONLY pick one version of the vehicle, if there are more then one version in that folder. If you choose both, the package creation will have an error about having two files of the same name. It can't create 2 rFm files with the same name.

I may try the CMD update version next time, but I need to figure out how to learn the ID of the Store paid for content for that to work. Maybe there is a log file ?

19. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Easiest way(for me) is => https://steamdb.info/app/365960/items/
    In steam you can go to your inventory and select the content you want, then middle right of screen is a view item in workshop button, click it and it will take you to the workshop for that item and the ID will be on a line upper left.

ThomasJohansen and philmcqueen like this.
  20. Decked

Decked Registered

Would it be possible for someone to produce a video guide on youtube or similar? I've tried on numerous occasions with different outcomes and zero sucess... Frustrating as I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.