How do I get the "Get Mod" feature to work on my server?

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Bryan Birtwell, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy,

I'm renting an entire box from NRTservers.com

I can't, for the life of me, get the "Get Mod" feature to work on my dedicated server.

Can anyone help?

Attached are two files;

One is the server end of my "multiplayer.ini" file and the second one is my "data.path" file.

NRT has my file structure set up completely different from how the game is normally setup.

However, the data.path file does direct to the root folder where the packages folder is.

HELP!

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  2. rer8

rer8 Registered

I have a similar question. Using MAS2.exe I made an RFMOD. I checked the boxes on the left of each component, and the size of the mod grew... I am assuming that means that the rfmod included the actual files. Now if that is the case and I want to host a race using the rfmod that I made, and want to allow other players access to the rfmod from the online game page, how do I do that? Now, if I want to make not only the rfmod but also included files available to other users how do I do that? If there is a tutorial, I do read and generally comprehend english so you can point me to it. If there is no tutorial, and I am not a programmer, please help by giving a bullet point explanation of what is going on and how to accomplish the tasks that I have presented. Thanks in advance... And, yes, I think others could use a little information as well. Thanks in advance...
    Very respectfully,

Randy

3. rer8

rer8 Registered

:(

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
  4. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

5. Indeed you have to open HTTP port 64297 (TCP and UDP) on your router and make sure it is enabled in the multiplayer.ini!
    Cheers,
    Oli