!HELP! rF2 not detecting proper video adapter in game..

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by CarlitoQC, Aug 28, 2012.

1. CarlitoQC

CarlitoQC Registered

Hi, hope someone can help me out!

I have a Toshiba Qosmio Laptop with i7 / 8GB / Gerfoce GTX 560M

Never had any problem running any games out there so far. Can't complaint against rF2 performance yet as I am not able to run the game on my Geforce adapter.

The laptop has 2 adpaters, intel HD famility for desktop and Gerfoce for gaming. rF2 launcher, under config, shows up Geforce adapter only, all look ok. when i enter the sim, menu look like 20 years old and when I hit settings i see the intel HD adapter and there is no option to switch to NVDIA...

I updated my drivers just in case but nothing i can do. I'm guessing it's might be directx related but I'm pretty sure there is a lot of racers out there using their recent Geforce Laptops with same chipset and video adapters as mine.

Any help greatly appreciated, can't wait to plug in my G27 and have a few runs!

2. CarlitoQC

CarlitoQC Registered

Well nvm guys, NVidia driver let me chose the adapter for a specific application so that was my fix. Wonder why it was not detecting it nor allowing me to chose in game. First time it happens, I guess first times in a beta is normal!

So far i set everything max out @ 1600x900, doesn't make sense mt GTX 560M can run all max out? I even tried under the rain quickly and it look smooth, I guess I'll see that for real tomorrow with wheel plugged in and lapsss.

3. modmate

modmate Registered

Hey,

Its usual to setup your GFX card before start a game and not ingame. I do also not think there are many out there running a race simulation on a laptop, thats sort of strange though.

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

If you had clicked "configure sim" before you launched the game, you can choose your Nvidia card in the drop down menu.

You can't switch video cards once the game is running.

5. CarlitoQC

CarlitoQC Registered

well this is precisely what I originally did and precisely what the game didn't let me do :p

6. CarlitoQC

CarlitoQC Registered

by the way this laptops technology is called Optimus. Dual video adapters. It is very unfriendly to dx9. once a solution is found, the GTX 560M runs the game perfectly @ 1920x1080 16x, looks great on my 46" Samsung. sadly this situation is also making trackmap plugin not to work on my setup (d3d9.dll issues) lot of people also havign this kind of problem with some Skyrim mods..

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Guess that means that laptops are not really gaming rigs? Hope you get things worked out.