Help Needed Corner workers

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by WheelNut, Jun 1, 2012.

1. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

Don't no where to start or what to do with the scenes
    i want to add the pit exit marshals what are the steps
    this is what i'm doing i open each exitofficial save animations from all 3 then with exitofficial_hold
    in max i rename it to official_01 under the instances rollout i click fix bones names and add all 3 animations to the animation dropbox i leave the rest as is i then export mesh add the gmts dds and anm to track dir
    run game track load go to drive out garage and game crashes what am i doing wrong

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2012
  2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

3. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

Thx Mate I'll give it ago

4. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

i followed your post but marshal didn't animate this is what i did
    i open my track model and import ExitOfficial_hold. I then move instance into place once in place i select exitofficial without the bones rename it to Official_000 then exported it. i then placed all the files from Belgium_Anims.mas into my ANM Folder and added it to search path in.scn also adding
    Instance=Official_000
    {
    MeshFile=Official_000.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=True
    AnimFile=EXITOFFICIAL_HOLD.ANM
    AnimFile=EXITOFFICIAL_IDLE.ANM
    AnimFile=EXITOFFICIAL_WAVE.ANM
    }
    go into devmod track loads fine but no animation on the marshal

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

hmm..

...try the same with a standard corner worker (flags) and start a race in devmode. If they're working I think you've just to find the right position for pit officials to call the proper ANM...

6. ethone

ethone Registered

Try packaging it up and test it in Single Player mode. The mystery that is dev mode didn't play the animation for me when I tested Topeka before the update, perhaps that behaviour persists.

7. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

i did pack it up and tried it in single player mode there was still no animation
    i tried adding just the cornerworkers but track doesn't load and i'm getting this error
    Error getting stats for texture marshalflag0000.dds error loading texture marshalflag00 for material marshalflag
    i think its got to do with the flags texture animation but after importing CW_FlagDown its materials are not listed in the material editor
    any ideas
    also when i open CW_FlagDown and go into material editor click marshalflag then its texture under animation it has (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) but in the cornerworkers folder its missing texture 7,8,9
    don't these numbers have to have a texture to go with them the reason i'm saying this is if i rename the textures to marshalflag0000 marshalflag0001 and so on like the error is saying when i load game i get the same error as before but its asking for marshalflag0007 and no doubt if i placed marshalflag0007 the next time i load its going to ask for marshalflag0008 and so on

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  8. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

i got a cornerworker to do there job and work
    what i did was changed the texture animation for marshalflag (0,1,2,3,4,5,6) and to 7 frames first then imported it into my track scene
    Thx for ya help
    i have another issue with heli_rot not animating in game any ideas

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  9. toebee

toebee Registered

Those missing textures can be found in one of the finished isi tracks mas files. If you don't have them all your game will crash when they try to use the missing flag.

10. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

what mas file has them all the map.mas files want open so i can't find the missing textures

11. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

\\Users\YourProfile\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\Locations\Belgium1966\1.0\Belgium_maps.MAS

Every ISI supplied track have these maps in their "maps" mas.

Cheers!