Help me buy new graphic card

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by mesfigas, Jan 4, 2017.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i did a small research at the internet and read some sites that did benchmark with dx11 games ,and the difference between 2 giga and 4 giga ram was very small.
    the people who also read those benchmarks said that maybe dx12 is going change that but we don't know yet

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

DirectX is tied to Windows versions, so DX12 is W10 exclusive. I just saw on a different forum someone talk about going from a nV 1060 to the equivalent Radeon ($100 less) and get the exact same performance, so that's a positive for ATi! But since rf2 is your #1 game, do read the posts on the ATi vs nVidia topic. Also, the more cars in a session, the more demanding of your system things will be.

3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yes ATI vs Nvidia is as old as the brands themselfes, lol!
    Ati´s are a little bit cheaper, but I´ve heard much negative things about the drivers,- fine when this went better now.
    If possible I would go 4GB (although it is more expensive) just for being save in future (as you said that youre not going to buy hardware very often).

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

yeah 4 giga but what card is the thing ?

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

You make no mistake if you buy one of these: AMD Radeon RX 460 or Nvidia 1050Ti GTX.
    Gigabyte and Asus are the best (most reliable) brands.
    I like the Nvidia-driver better and maybe that changed but there where times when AMD cards made some problems,
    so Im a bit of Nvidia -fan. Also power consumption is most of the times much better than at AMD (lesser temperatures ----> more reliable).

Here is a rough overview, performance-wise.
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

thanks for info i ll read it

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

9. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Go nVidia all the way. Regular driver updates and the cards just "work" with great performance.

peterchen likes this.
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I'm glad OP does not seem to be the kind that will listen to fanboys lol
    That said, the 1050ti is superior compared to the 460, AMD lacks a card in this 460~470 gap that could compete with it
    Here in Brazil tho the 1050ti costs more than a 470 so it's senseless, don't know how it is in your country