Haptic pedals reactors (simagic), anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AKR, Dec 3, 2023.

1. AKR

AKR Registered

https://simwear.eu/Simagic-Haptic-Pedals-Reactor

Who has installed these (on none simagic pedals) and what is the experience? Interesting maybe for brake and throttle pedal, just for immersion in my case. They seem to work with simhub...

2. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

I dont have these but the 3D Rumble kit from SIM 3D so I cant really compare them but Im pretty happy with mine.
    I also mounted them on my brake and throttle pedal but I only really use the one of the brake pedal these days for wheelslip as RF2 doesnt do ABS unfortunately.
    Another thing Ive mapped them to do is give a tiny kick when Im changing gear.

Id say the rumble on the brake pedal works pretty well for two things.
    First of all is muscle memory, the pedals start vibrating when you brake too hard (generally speaking) so its a great tool to learn the limit on your threshhold braking.

Second is for immersion because it really makes the car come alive.
    I also use a haptic seatpad and the noise from the engine when you start the car or when you drive over kerbs and rumble strips is very believable. In combination with the vibrating pedals it really adds another dimension to your racing and provides a little bit of feedback along the way.

atomed likes this.
  3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have an old thread about this . Sadly rf2 doesn’t support ABS telemetry. Even tires slip/ block isn’t that precise. For example in racing cars even with abs the rumble kicks to much early, at 40% of pedal pressure.
    Yes they add some immersion but they are almost uselesss for driving for the lack of telemetry output.

4. AKR

AKR Registered

Thanks for your inputs. Indeed sad that rf2 is not rich in telemetry output. Even more so taking into account that rf2 is basicly the only sim I use. Still I cannot drive in rf2. without the buttkicker anymore. So this works well for me in rf2. For me it is mostly for immersion, so still considering the rumble motoros on the pedals. Wheelslip and shift kick on the brakpedal sounds nice. I assume these sounds can be applied to the throttle pedal as well. Besides that I think engine sound would be nice to feel on the throttle pedal as well.

5. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

Ive tried different settings and when you start sending more feedback to the pedals it all becomes a bit blurry and becomes more of a footmassage lol

Shiftkick on both pedals is fine though.
    Its very easy to set everything up through simhub tho so you can experiment with it.

AKR likes this.