GT3 Pack cars interior

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ebeninca, Jul 15, 2018.

1. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Would be nice to have a cam in this position, for broadcasts on e-sports. For me is really sad to see this images, definitely we need some polish here.

INTERIOR-IRACING.png INTERIOR-RFACTOR2.png

atomed, Marisa, VirusGR42 and 2 others like this.
  2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

It's not like rFactor2 itself is incapable of much more than we see in mods because it is! Very much so. Some third part modders have shown this graphically. But seam to fail to impress on the physics side of things.

The Dev's have never really produced a high class graphics model for third party modders to use as an example. In fact it's the opposite. Bringing this to the attention off anyone here seams to be a mute subject.
    It's more apparent around here that most would drive a tissue box as long as the physics are good. Any feedback on the graphics is mostly met with being ignored or people saying they don't care what it looks like, the physics are great. So, as long as what's seen as bad criticism, not constructive it'll never get any better which really makes the move to DX11a pointless exercise. Specially with this Albedo textures crap! What a load of BS this is. Never follow it and never will. Set the shaders so the object doesn't flare! Setting white to RGB 200 from what should be 255 which is stark white is rubbish! I use 240 under a shade layer and never get flare even on Dev cars. Following this Albedo example makes the cars look dirty, dark and flat. Plain ugly. But like I said. No one cares about graphics here. If they did it would be improving, not going backwards.

Marisa, Toro, Alex72 and 8 others like this.
  3. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

the sound of cars with TV cameras are also to be heard again practically nothing while on tracks
    you can hear the car without even seeing it!
    if S397 wants to make a good impression with Esport broadcasts you have to polish the game in every detail!

Marisa, Toro, ebeninca and 1 other person like this.
  4. filippu

filippu Registered

Can you elaborate on that ? thanks. What kind of settings are you changing ? Not having gJed to see changes live makes it so great to experiment...
    In before "someone" shows up and tells you how wrong you are, that you shouldn't mess with the settings, or plain bans people.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I've been asking for better TV cams for a while.
    You know what irritates me more? "We are waiting for manufacturer approval", you'd think the cars are then ready to be released bug free and with top quality. But nah... as soon as you load it on track you find problems. :rolleyes:

Marisa, ebeninca and VirusGR42 like this.
  6. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I have Assetto Corsa which gets opened and closed at every update, likewise with PC1 and PC2.
    Looking at their cockpits is sad because the quality is quite amazing when one compares it to rFactor 2's dull grey, vague, anonymous interiors.
    Need for Speed already had detailed cockpits in 1994.
    Not to mention Live for Speeds interactive cockpit (if my memory serves me).
    I do agree, if one wants to appear in an international stage like E-Sports then one should brush up the finish somewhat.
    Racers need good clear tracks but viewers need eye candy and not brown peanuts.

atomed likes this.
  7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

upload_2018-7-17_21-9-41.png
    All the setting in the green box are the setting I'm talking about.

This car in game.
    GRAB_000.JPG GRAB_011.JPG

It's quite old this one so there's not rain map, Damage or animated wipers but it dose show what can be done using the Car Paint with Damage shader. This car isn't released and probably never will be. It's to far out dated and I don't possess the necessary skills to make it fully rFactor compatible. Plus the model is a rip that someone else put into rFactor2. I just got it and started to play, learn with it. This is in DX11 and is painted using 255 RGB under a shader layer that at it's lightest is close to that.

upload_2018-7-17_21-30-43.png
    This is the main body template that is used for the cars pictured above. I couldn't find a good template at the time so this one is totally hand built. There's no dirty noise or rough edges on this one.

The Alpha or reelection map if you like is dark. White on the alpha allows the chrome or mirror affect you can see on the Raybig pictured above.

Anyway, Enough said. rFactor 2 is capable of far more then we're seeing and it's such a shame people ignore it's possibilities. But I guess this was a waist of time. We'll just keep seeing tissue boxes.

Toro, Alex72, Daniel Surace and 4 others like this.
  8. stonec

stonec Registered

Yet many of the car models from GT3 pack are obtained from exactly the same source as Asssetto Corsa. For example the McLaren GT3 cockpit 3D model is identical with Assetto's, even the switches on the steering wheel are in the same position. So it's funny you claim they are light years away in quality.

9. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

The difference isn't in the clay! It's in the way it's set in rFactor2 that makes the difference. But you already know this being someone who's been around here for so long. But then again if your not a modeler, modder maybe you don't.

atomed, Toro, ebeninca and 2 others like this.
  10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It's not Natsukis model? I converted that... But it doesn't have rain or damage stuff either...

11. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

It's exactly what i was thinking, How the manufactures approves this?

12. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep, I know that there are differences, probably mainly in the shaders. My point is it's not accurate to say rF2 car interiors are that much different from competition when in fact the clay and probably most of the material mappings are identical. All the GT3 & GTE pack cars are high quality models, that's why they run with so much less FPS than previous rF2 content. In the screenshot of OP all I can see is one cockpit that looks too bright compared to surroundings as if the car was lit from inside (iRacing) and another one that is way too dark (rF2), which makes it difficult to say anything about the details. I would say more game engine differences than anything else based on this one comparison.

13. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

upload_2018-7-17_20-52-42.png

upload_2018-7-17_20-55-6.png

14. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

upload_2018-7-17_20-56-20.png

upload_2018-7-17_21-0-14.png

upload_2018-7-17_21-2-8.png

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  15. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I think it's the Natsukis model that Chivas is working on for AssettoCorsa. I have a earlier version of that one in AC but although it's the same car and year the models themselves are worlds apart.
    This one I have in rF2 I have no idea were it originated from I just know it's not from any Dev. Dev cars are usually easy to recognize after you've been working on them for a while. 98% of the time there's bad mapping, Warping lines, Mirrored parts, Usually a really bad made AO layer, Parts spread all over the place that could have and would have worked better in place were they belong. Parts missing off the main body template.
    This Honda has none off that. It stands out for just the opposite reasons.

The Natukis model that I have for AC isn't as good in this respect. I started to look on it earlier but there's importent parts missing from the body template and using AC's content manager these parts are set up as carbon fibre tile texture. The parts aren't mapped at all so I left it there.

16. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Agree with first paragraph so I've removed it
    Agree that these cars are of a better quality than we've see previous by Dev but I'd remove the word High. The better FPS are a result of better LOD settings. More thought out, not the model itself.
    But as the car Mas is locked away and we can't use their great work as a reference for modders to follow we'll never know really how good or bad they are. Will we?

Agree the iRacing is a bit bright inside. Truthfully I would have expected their car to be better than what we see here. But the rF2 car is to dark. You can see by the pics posted by ebeninca that the light in them hasn't changed from being in the pit bay, in the dark to being outside in the sun light. Dose this seam correct to you?
    Older Dev and third party cars see the light from outside steam into the cars and move across the dash as it should. Dose it still do that in the latest cars?

Alex72, yoss and ebeninca like this.
  17. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Callaway C7R is a bit better...

upload_2018-7-18_0-20-55.png

upload_2018-7-18_0-23-35.png

18. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Definitely is darker than iRacing, but the quality is way better than GT3 pack. So, it's possible to be done.

19. Bengl

Bengl Registered

Hello dear studio-397 community. i made a car mod for rfactor 2 and it looks amazing ingame on quality tracks. the colors are bright enough from the livery skin and the reflections are realistic. but when i drive on some "underground" converted tracks, or tracks dirt converted from rfactor 1, my car livery absorbs all the lights and the dark green reflective exterior looks black and the headlight glasses could almost not be recognized. I made it with 3dsimed. Is this a mistake with the shaders of the converted tracks or my mistake doing something wrong with the shaders from my car mod? Thanks for helping me. Have a great weekend you all.

20. Bengl

Bengl Registered

I find it out. The reason are not the cars, but the bad converted tracks. It is a shader problem, but i dont know which shader from which material. even the studio 397 cars are looking bad on these tracks. i continue my research now and let you all know when i found it out.