GT Pre-qual event for the 6 Hour Race Sign-up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Conny Naslund "CoNa" / Coutie

If you can remove Conny from the second team in the list, and add him to this one, that would be great.

2. guod

guod Registered

3. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

[​IMG]

Our team skin

4. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

ndicate we are grateful which is the server that is enabled for testing and contest the race. Exact name server or IP of the same.

In private testing have suffered the same problems as in rFactor1. Causing errors in some driver changes that leave the team out.

They would appreciate information on the new features in rFactor2, or indicated in this forum where locate.

One new thing detected. To enter as a viewer have to write the command "+spectate" in advanced multiplayer options. To return to normal you have to write the command "-spectate". Tip to ISI, would be more comfortable a check box or drop-down menu.

It would be good to develop a comprehensive user manual.

The bad news is that in our tests the program Error driver changes remains random. We investigate measures to be taken to avoid par, so far unsuccessful.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What errors are you referring too? I run in an endurance league in rf1 with 40 team fields and the league rarely has driver swap problems anymore. I have raced 3 seasons there so far and haven't had a single driver swap problem.

I will write up a driver swap guide that should help out a little.

6. Timpie Claessens

I remember that the biggest thing in rf1 was, NO PLUGINS :D
    That was usually the reason for ctd etc so all you guys who needs things like trackmap, better uninstall it :p

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

It's a shame if I have to uninstall trackmap plugin because of this. It gives alot more than the map (I don't even use the map feature).

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I don't know what the problem is for him, but that's why we are doing this pre-qual race. Read this thread http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11549-Driver-swaps I don't know if the problem is with plug-ins in general (even though rF2 is a different game). But what I'd do is disable plug-ins one at a time to rule them out as a source of the problem. Maybe plug-ins are OK in general, but one particular plug-in is a problem?

Lem and I need to hit the track and practice and make sure we have things ironed out today.

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Plugins are not a problem. This is a myth. Sure maybe there is a really badly written plugin that causes problems but I have yet to find a plugin that causes problems. I have done countless swaps with several plugins over the years without a single failure. Currently I use GID, MoTeC (Lazas's version), RealFeel and a plugin of my own. The guys on my team use plugins too, MoTeC, GID and RealFeel.

You will have failures if you don't execute the swap properly. The main rule is don't forget that you can't hit ESC until the new driver leaves the pit box. It is very easy to forget and hit esc and end the race for your team and then your team has no clue what went wrong and then gets on the internet spreading myths that it is a plugin problem.

Again, I have been on a team doing 6 - 12 hours races once a month for 3 years and our team has not had a single failed swap. Most of the people that say plugins cause problems probably just heard this from a friend of a friend and have no real first hand experience. I wish we could squash this myth but it seems to never die.

10. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Another reason for driverswap issues is when the exiting driver forgets to "un-drive" (in lack of a better word), meaning NOT hitting the spectate-button and getting "You are no longer driving with..." BEFORE leaving the server...

11. Timpie Claessens

I seriously doubt u need any of it to be fast and consistent, the later is probably easier without all that bs on the screen :D

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have best sector times (own and overall), tyre wear in % (also brake and tyre temps) and finally sector splits (with red or green color, pop-ups). Nothing else... they do not make me faster but maybe more consistent when I can see all that information with one clance.

13. guod

guod Registered

Thanks Noel. Having your expertise involved would be very appreciated.

- Doug

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Delta times WILL absolutely make you faster. It tells you on the moment which line is quickest at any spot on the track.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Once you are a lap down all that rF reports is you are 1 Lap down. Driving for hours and only seeing "-1 Lap" really blows. Having a plugin that can give your gap, even if your more than one lap down is very handy. Also, rF doesn't handle mixed class racing. So a plugin that handles mixed classes is also nice. The map plugin is also handy for rejoining. No one wants to blow a 12 hour race because you have to rejoin blindly.

16. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

Random Problem detected, identical to that we had in rFactor1. Sometimes, after the driver change, rFactor, and now rFactor2 and sends the crak for desktop windows waiting to find a solution.

We have organized and participated in countless endurance tests with driver change, and these fault alatorios we failed to avoid.

Precautions taken:
    - The race driver enters the game as well as the team's drivers, the latter as spectators. I remember in rFactor2 have to write the command spectate in advanced multiplayer options.
    - All team riders enter by selecting the same car with the same graphic resolution settings, and the same default setup defined by the team, with the same name setup.
    - No changes at any time the initial setup.
    - No one rides in another vehicle other than the team, making no changes to the configuration while on passenger or awaiting spectator and passenger seat.
    - No member of the team is out of the game for the duration of the race, remaining as a spectator but again no longer occupy a seat.

Despite these caveats, and some more that I have not mentioned, in the first level tests detected fault is 2 out of 10 driver changes made. Similar to the result we had in rFactor1.

All pilots who are participating in our tests have esperiencia in endurance racing with driver change.

We all use the same plugins: Motec and Track Map 0.94

We will continue testing. Informed of incidents that we detect. Endeavor to be precise in the analysis of failures and in the configurations of the pilots at the time.

Those who have organized this type of testing. Did anyone had problems like this? We would appreciate information, and of the precautions taken to ensure a smooth race.

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

This can be a problem... there are different hardwares so if one uses triple screens with high resolution I can not use the same and I think the other guy can not use my fairly low resolution either :s

18. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Ye that would be a no go for me then. It would spoil my fun. I don't get why it's all needed anyway. Sounds to me rFactor is programmed really really bad :(

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I have never done any of those precautions other than all using the same setup with the same name and all assigned as the default. CTD 2 out of 10 times sounds like something is seriously wrong with someone's machine. When exactly did you get the CTD. Before the swap, after the swap, as the new driver drove away? Also, I wouldn't hang out on the server as a spectator for the whole race. You only need to join a lap before the pit stop. Just make sure that when you hit parts her select that your team mate sees the correct name show in the chat box. If not, hit passenger select over and over until your team mate confirms he saw the correct name. Spectators use a lot of bandwidth on the server. If you have a server that can only handle 30 cars and each team has all their drivers on at the same time you are going to have a problem. Hopefully ISI will give admins a way to monitor spectators and kick them off if they don't belong.

20. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

All faults are exactly when you just pass the control of a pilot to another, but not always. Evidently the pilot who is chosen track pilot will sit behind the wheel of the car before pit.

The tests were made ​​with rFactor2 not more than 6 riders, so bandwidth or server we were on track could not be a problem. We've spent years organizing tournaments regularly without us such problems, although the grills are numerous.

Continue to investigate, because it is widespread in our server or on other servers where we tested. If you do not have problems, we have to work to find where you have pnosotros. But are the first I know of that has not given them problems never change drivers.

We prove in the served that was assigned for the event and we will discuss.