GT Pre-qual event for the 6 Hour Race Sign-up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Ah ok thanks for the heads up.

2. TunaWiz

TunaWiz Registered

Yeah that would be great, Coutie. I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate being able to start working on skins as soon as possible.

Thanks a bunch! :)

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

4. TunaWiz

TunaWiz Registered

Voltaic already covered how our race went... I really don't have anything to add.

I'd just like to say thank you to Guy and the SimHQ team for putting on a great event. Even though we struggled and had some bugs I still had a blast. I can't wait for the next one! :)

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I'm putting together a scene that will make it easier to make skins, until the mod is out.

Car Template: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5j9e3ma1e1k30mi
    Car Scene: http://www.mediafire.com/?ke6jiy3u2wf9bbs

To use the scene, you will most likely need the Mod Mode. Place the CarView folder in \rFactor2\ModDev\Locations. Run \rFactor2\ModDev\Viewer.exe. Click the file cabinet icon next to scene file path, browse to where the CarView folder is, and select the folder. Now the scene file should show up in the top section. Press okay, and it should start. Save your skin as LMPSkin, and put it into the CarView folder to see it on the model.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013
  6. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Had a fun race, my start was terrible but this race was mostly about testing.
    We didnt really experience any issues. Setup transfered properly, nobody CTD, all was well.

Thanks for putting all this up, looking forward to the 6h race. I doubt I'll join the LMP race, haven't tested it but I never enjoyed 3rd party high downforce mods in ISI games.

7. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

8. guod

guod Registered

Hi Noel,

Yes indeed, the SCES series will be broadcast. I'd very much appreciate your help on getting a configuration setup like we have at VLMS/VOR. You did it, right? We're already using FLT for rF1 events, but haven't had time to investigate the options for rF2 (some good suggestions earlier in the this thread). We already have a channel for broadcasting, but I need to investigate if it'll do the job going forward. I'll be in touch. Thanks for your offer!

- Doug

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Is anyone good with making skins who can do a skin for my team? Noel is working on a plug-in for the cameras and some other stuff for the live broadcast, Lemmin77 is working on modding tires for another mod, I can't skin at all. If someone would help us with the skin, I would appreciate it!

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yeah I did the automation for the broadcast over at VOR. I just finished up a camera selection plugin for rF2. It works much better than keyboard automation in rF1. It is very simple. It writes an XML file called CameraStatus.xml to the rF2 root which has the current car in view and camera type. Then there is a second file that it reads called CameraSelection.xml which is where you select which car you want to watch and which camera view you want to have. So you can write a program of your own that modifies CameraSelection.xml when you want to change cameras. Right now you select the car via slotID which isn't very useful to anyone. I am going to develop it a little more to let you specify a driver name in the file and it will automatically figure out what that drivers slotID is. I figured doing it this way would make it easier for the community to integrate with their own tools.

What I had going over at VOR is very custom just for us. This time around I want to make it more flexible so I can release the tools publicly.

Okay, here is is if anyone wants to play:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5y3tvbncysi1w4s/rF2CameraSelection.zip

Just extract it into your rF2 root. Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2

In the root you will see a sample XML file for controlling the cameras along with a readme file explaining how the XML file is structured.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2013
  11. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Any updates on the next event?

12. guod

guod Registered

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The 6 hour event is still going forward on June 9th. We are keeping that schedule, but the other events may be held at different dates. The final car selection for the 6 hour event will be announced and released the week before (no later than June 2) so we all have plenty of time to spend with the car and get acquainted.

6 hours of Mid-Ohio, June 9th 2013.