Grip on track- Is there a default value ? plus other like ?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by doggod, Jan 10, 2012.

1. doggod

doggod Registered

As the heading - Im wondering is their a default grip value for the track for the start of a session, ie first run on the track in practice and from reading the forum I know grip can increase from this by rubber laid down as well as weather conditions.
    Will the engine be dictating the amount of rubber a tire lays down irrespective of type of tyre or will it be up to modders to find those values.
    Different series would have different types of tires that vary in the length they can be driven on
    Is their different types of track surface envisioned say concrete or asphalt each which would have a different default grip value
    If there is a default grip value is this set by the engine or the modders
    and is it the engine or the modders that set the amount that it can increase (rubbering in) and decrease (by rain or shadow).
    Following on for that, will conditions follow on from practice to qualifying and so on ( will the engine approximate weather in between sessions)
    If it does follow on will i have to complete all sessions from practice to race finish in one go or can the engine hold values that have been generated from a previous session if i run practice a qualifying one day and do the race a following day or when time permits.

Sorry about the amount of questions, looking forward to the beta and wishing ye the best of luck going forward.

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

May I add one more question?
    Will rF2 support both longitudinal and transversal road surface friction?

3. ethone

ethone Registered

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Ehmm. there is no answer on my question under link you have provided.