Graphics are Great WTF are people saying rf 1 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean_S36, Feb 4, 2012.

1. isamu

isamu Registered

2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

3. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

4. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

By that logic James Bond isn't a movie character and Oliver Twist and Cthulhu are pulp magazine stars.

5. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

What the hell are you guys talking about? :D

6. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

A thread that has gotten lost and is wandering aimlessly.:rolleyes:

7. isamu

isamu Registered

The SM cartoons are hack jobs and deserve to be completely ignored, except for the 1960's version. So I simply posted Groovy Ghouliez as a better example :)

Plus GG>Spider-Man

8. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Could you stop this Spiderman cartoon nonsense?

9. jtbo

jtbo Registered

So, if someone would make car of Donald Duck, then someone would complain graphics being too realistic and not enough cartoonish? I would kid of like from cars that are in Duck world, would make kickass mod, imo :)

10. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Do you guys realize that you're working towards closing this thread?

It's a shame because some feedback here could be usefull to ISI, but you're covering interesting posts with tons of useless chatter. No one will dig through that afterwards.

11. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Well to be fair there have been 4 or 5 off-topic posts and almost as many complaining about them - somewhat redundant. Yes, readers, yes ISI, there is real debate < that way and it'd return much sooner if people weren't getting upset over a brief humorous aside.

Anyway, graphics aren't great, fix the reflections and offer us better material options. Kthxbye.

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Wow. Polish guys are so serious.

Thread went from graphics are great! WTF? To no they don't, they look like cartoons, to Polish guys telling us to shut up.

13. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Polish guys are fed up reading about Spiderman in a thread about rF2 graphics. Thats all.

14. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Then why are you posting about it? No, don't respond!
    Seriously, guys, overraction to a joke is making this far worse. RF2. Graphics. Not what they could be. HDR overdone, world (possibly) oversaturated, some environment textures not great. Biggest issue being limited and plasticy range of materials and buggy, incomplete reflection mappers to the point there are mods that allow better dynamic reflections, glass and sheen in rF1 than the defaults do in rF2. Ongoing requests to unlock coreshaders.mas for public modification. Plenty of good discussion on pages 1 to 7 for ISI and other posters to read.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012
  15. Flaux

Flaux Registered

To sum things up,

We need ISI to give us a graphics platform that has the ability to grow. Plus we need good templates and tutorials to compensate the additional time it takes to mod the new stuff.

Apart from shaders, that can be done by ISI or Kristof, we already have A LOT if not everything we need. It only needs some fine-tune. (shaders, shadow-system, performance)

Is this right? Because to be honest, the community will come up with the good stuff anyway. ;)

16. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Well, the materials I suppose come under shaders but they definitely need work. I simply couldn't achieve good glassy effects, good translucency or similar objects. Everything's very limited, shines excessively white and feels slightly light plastic. Reflections, meanwhile, are almost totally illogical at many angles and are very limited. Oh, and bump-maps can't be made to look as crisp and defined as they could in RF1 which doesn't help the blobby 'happy meal' feel of the graphics.

17. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I think people are too quick to judge rF2's graphics. It doesn't help i know with sims like pCARS around that are just drool worthy but rF2's graphics serve their purpose IMO right now for a beta. I also keep looking at the banners above in this forum and keep seeing alot more detail and fidelity in the lighting and shadows in them. The classic F1 shot i'm looking at right now for instance shows alot more detail and better lighting than i am seeing in game right now. Maybe these are what will be possible when everything is working as it should.

K Szczech's posts are also very promising and interesting as to what may be possible with the new engine.

18. frankwer

frankwer Registered

I agree that rFactor 2 look cartoonish:

19. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Oh man, I hate hitting those banana skins on the Nurburgring...

20. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

I'm saying there great from my perspective and opinion as a customer, but not as a graphics expert I'm really not interested in all the technical jive , I just think it looks good , I boot up the sim I drive , it looks great ,to me, That is all.