GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

This is about the only mod that makes me tired if I do a lot of laps,,,, that's a gooooood thing.

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

We've been doing full length grands prix with this mod over at ISR and at the end of a race, I'm a little sweaty.

that's a gooooood thing!

3. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

efit: forget. nothing related to your mod, sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
  4. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

hi thanks for the hard work.beautiful mod.maybe a stupid idea? it is hard to do the tyrrell cockpit for all cars in the different car colors for all car.just for the time the outers are not finished?

5. JanJoost

JanJoost Registered

Hey,

I get a ctd with all cars after clicking the "drive" button. Track loads fine. Previous versions worked oke. I`ve checked that all old versions where deleted..
    Any ideas? :confused:

thanks!

ps: the last line in my trace file is this...

hdvehicle.cp 3579: Could not read file:

6. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Open mod manager and un install GP79_Unrestricted
    Then open explorer /rfator2data\installed\vehicles and delete GP79_CAR folder...
    Check package directory... You must only have GP79_UNRESTRICTED_v0.42.rfcmp other GP79 files must be delete
    Refresh in modmanager and re install GP79_UNRESTRITED...

If it's not working read this
    edit: Guy Moulton Post

7. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Arnao, when i´m driving this mod, sometimes, my screen goes almost black (still can see a little bit). Strange issue only happening with this mod.

About one guy above who has problems starting up, maybe he didn´t delete the update file of gp79 which came in earlier version, which did not appear on modmanager. He should delete directly on packages folder.

8. Arnao

Arnao Registered

And only with Tyrrell or with all car ???

9. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Tryied with 2 cars: number 26 Jacques Lafitte and some white which i didn´t remember, but i´ll do test again with others

10. I really like this mod, its good fun to run.

Unfortunately I am getting a strange stutter when driving, its like the car slows down then speeds back up again at random times.

I have been running in no11 James Hunt car, with everything off and with Gated shifter.

11. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Have this issue too yesterday with tyrrel in Mores and balckwood. In my case was not micro stuttering. Au contraire, it was a massive stuttering. Like 2 or 3 seconds to change frame but only happen a couple times. yesterday. Today nothing.

@Arnao Tested with tyrrel #26, the white car from Clay Regazzoni and Gilles Villeneuve Ferrari and this time only happen with Tyrrel #26 on Malaysia track.
    Its random black screen, for just a moment - blinking (but enough to make impossible to drive this car)

12. MaDHaX

MaDHaX Registered

First of all Let me congratulate Arnao for bringing us a lovely conversion :D

These cars really do feel great in physics and on wheel. Well done to Lemming77 and Zonder and everybody involved in bringing us this great mod :)

I had the same issue. Try lowering the shadow. Mine was on high and I had a serious blacked out shadow that effected the whole screen, after lowering the shadow effects it solved the problem. Hope that helps ;)

*EDIT*

Sorry it's still happening to me even with shadow off. I'm gonna have a mess around with graphic settings to see if theres anything there.

13. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Hum Luis Tyrrell have only chassis #03 Pirroni and #04 Jarier....
    #26 is jack lafite LIGIER...
    The only graphic update have been made on Tyrrell one so if all car got this issue it's certainly come from RF2 v300...HDR or Shadow I don't know have to track that a bit... I will ask to ISI if we can't sorted out by our own...
    For the sutter, is it physic hang out ??? we already got this with slow end computer and the way tires was integrete...Please lower number of AI to 10 and retest if you still have this hang out...
    If it's real stutter I really don't know where it's come from...

14. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Have the physic hang out still day one only with this mod on both my machines (old Quadcore 6600 CPU and also on my newer AMD Quadcore 955 BE) when more than 8 AIs on certain tracks (purple bar). Maybe the big tyres?

15. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Did i said Tyrrel? Sry, mean Ligier. Language barrier... lol
    So, it happens with Ligier
    For the stutter, only happen yesterday. But did not tried Mores today yet. Will see later.
    Btw, thanks for this great f1 cars. Hope you do something with late 80´s and earlier 90´s formula 1 cars.
    And thanks for the support.

16. MaDHaX

MaDHaX Registered

This certainly is abit of a strange one. I experienced this afew times while driving the Tyrell, but I have only been driving the Tyrell upto that point. I put every graphic setting to full and it is now not happening anymore. So I put my settings back to what it was before so that I could try to reproduce the problem and nothing so far.

17. samuelw

samuelw Registered

UPDATE ON BLACK SCREEN: yesterday I erroneously reported that selecting a HDR profile eliminated the black screens. Then I drove Brianza and its bad, constant flicjering black sreens. I then tried turning HDR off altogether and so far it seems to have stopped the black screens. I'm not sure if HDR off doesn't look better anyway.
    Sam

PS Driving Tyrrell

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
  18. JanJoost

JanJoost Registered

Thanks! Cleaning up my tracks did the trick! Very nice cockpit update for the Tyrrell. :D

19. zonder

zonder Registered

Little update on lotus
    [​IMG]

20. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

great work on the new cockpits, Zonder.

any progress on moving driver arms?