Going berzerk on mod package program, need help!

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Holzvergaser, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Holzvergaser

Holzvergaser Registered

Help, nothing works for me. what i have done in short order.
    i created a vmod with this components...

- Nordschleife track + all isi cars and lola280 + all the sound and talent files and more, to be sure

the mod programm created the package, i could host it sometimes but most of the times it crashed either rf2 my dedicated server programm or both when i try to join.
    after i try to remove not needed components like clio_PC(what is that?) and i looked other mods, they dont reference to sound or talent files so i wanted to kick that out.

the vmod ended up crashing the game most of the time when i try to join. somehow all went downhill at that point and i reinstalled.

- NOW i have copied player folder and inserted this folder in new install. all good and working dont needed to set up the whole game again. BUT now the mod programm think it is in old installation. when i try to manipulate package with wizard it does show me mods i have deleted and are no longer there.
    it want to save new packages in a directory that is no longer there.

i try to navigate to new directory but i have to select a file to feed the program the location, what that good for? so i type name of the file manualy 2 warnings pop up asking me if i want to create the file. ovcourse i want, so i do it.
    the package created, it said successfull, has 0kb size and is worth nothing. i can not open it, the mod programm does not know of its existance.

what gives, why is this thing throwing logs in my way constantly, nothing works. RF1/simbin games was much easier(dont say better, just easier). how can i fix this mess. how can i erase memory of mod programm?

plz i just want a Nordschleife+all isi cars and lola vmod, everyone with nords will be able to join and itll be a blast but by the nine ;) i can not do it.

2. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Not sure if you stated this right, or if I missunderstood what you said,

"...plz i just want a Nordschleife+all isi cars and lola vmod, everyone with nords will be able to join and itll be a blast but by the nine ;) i can not do it...."

I believe only those that have downloaded your mod will be able to join, can someone verify if I am correct on this?

Scott

3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

If you want to start over then uninstall rF2, delete everything except files in the Packages folder (rfcmp, rfmod). Then install again and don't copy anything except Packages into this new install.
    There is a tutorial video for packaging - you don't need to include any sounds, just car(s) and track(s). Also you don't want to have anything checked when creating your mod, so you create a vmod (1Mb size).

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I'll make one for you. I'll test it, if it does not crash I'll post it here. Look forward to join your server.
    BRB.

DJC

5. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

6. Holzvergaser

Holzvergaser Registered

this is super cumbersome or no? do you guys redo ALL you settings when you reinstall rf2?

i had the impression that you can download vmods directly from server browser if you manage to set it up right somehow. and almost all players have all isi content and most have lola280 i guess.

@DJCruicky

wow sweet, will host it as soon as i can. thing is last days i was streaming while raceing, this takes a toll on my computer. i am not sure i can host a game, play it and stream it at the same time so i took a step back from hosting my private 5 people server.

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

My player is about 5 months old, so in my experience there is no need to redo the settings every time.

But, rF2 is WIP and may happen issues due to backward compatibility, files corruption etc.
    In other words, when something is not working as expected, a fresh player may help. :)

8. Holzvergaser

Holzvergaser Registered

few week ago i upgraded from build 59 to the latest, i mean i reinstalled. but i made totaly new player and set up all new in latest build. so there should be no problem with most recent reinstall as it is the latest build. still my mod tool thinks it is in the last installation not the current.

9. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I never tried, so cant be 100% sure it works, but from the advanced tab of the launcher you can change the data path.

10. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy,

We'll get you squared away... however, I've made a vMOD for you and it will be loaded on my server shortly.

Join the server... you'll have your vMOD.

Hope this helps!

Bryan

11. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

as an experiment could you try making a new player...4 guys in our league were the same as you (an old player folder) and were missing things in game that i had/were able to do (in F2 mod)...when they made a new player they then had the same options as me and instantly took 1sec off there times...in particular they couldnt move the final drives (in F2) before creating a new player

cheers

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

oi Hol

I probably do more fresh installs then most as I zero-write my SSD at least once between builds.

All I do is this.

1. I make a backup rF2 folder in rF2 my archives and add a picture, name it folder. lopl
    2. Then I add all userdata
    3. Now you strip userdata back to the bare essentials, player, mp , config, controller, all your setups , all your saved Real Road and other stuff like READ MES , everything else I delete.
    4. Then I make a Packages folder and add server_details and any mods I use need downloading
    ( I keep main packages in rF2 archive backup )
    5. Then I backup user\me\roaming\.rfactor so no need to activate again.

If I do a fresh SSD I drop all that on partiton/s and run build setup to it.
    Install mods ( starting from earliest to latest ) then tracks, nothing else to do but Host.
    10 minutes tops.

13. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Sorry, english in not my native language ... just to be sure i understand the problem of your league mate: for "final drives" you mean the 6th gear?

Anyway, i have 6 gears both with my old player and with a fresh new one.
    Final ratio is fixed, but i have 4 available ratio sets (short, medium etc), both with the old and with the new player.

14. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

thats the part i was after...for some of our guys the 4 ratio sets wernt available while using an old player folder and when they made a new one it fixed it

cheers

15. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Honestly i dont know how some hdv parameters can influence the player, but i am not a programmer. :)
    I remember only an issue, many months ago, related to an old player i was using: when ISI implemented in the HUD the decimals for the ran laps i was not able to see them till i built a new player.

Said that, i think that also when the sim runs well, any 4 or 5 builds a new fresh player can be a good thing to do, atleast till the game is in "heavy WIP" status.

My reply in the previous post meant to point that a new player per build is not mandatory. :)

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

One problem I have found with messing with the MAS2 program is that sometimes I'll make a rfmod and it won't work and it makes me scratch my head for an hour while I figure it out. It drives me nuts sometimes! But the problem I have found is that sometimes when I make a rfmod that doesn't work right and I try to make it again and fix it, I have to go into G:\rFactor 2\Manifests and delete the .mft file manually. Also, sometimes the .mas inside G:\rFactor 2\Installed\rFm doesn't delete either and I have to manually get rid of it too.