Ghost Trees???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PearceYaussy, Oct 20, 2015.

1. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

He hasn't done anything for a couple years, so I really doubt he would take offense. I would be glad to do it if y'all will promise the latter won't happen. Not like I'm taking his work and selling it for profit or anything...

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

I'd REALLY appreciate it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I say go for it. :)

4. stonec

stonec Registered

AFAIK those transparent tree billboards cannot be fixed in gJED/SimED or any material editor. They need to be exported differently from 3ds Max, which is why it would be better to have original author do it. Importing rF2 GMTs to Max is a bit tricky and it might even break things with billboards.

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I asked feels3 2 and a half years ago (my god, time is running :eek:) to allow me to update the AIW for Poznan and he had no problem with that. I think he still races with the guys at simracing_pl, so maybe K Szczech can send him a request.

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

While you're at it ask him about the track from the contest Kei Kei won lol

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Seriously ? lol

Is that what I said. ....................and you with the anxious questioning... ?!? .........how cute. hehehe ;)

Just another example how people make stuff up in their heads.

DD is a rF2 fanboy, he thinks pCars and AC in fact all sims except GPL suck.....I mean that is what you like to think and say about me, why I got no idea. ?!? lol

Do my opinions honestly bother people that much. ? .........that is just plain sad.

I wonder who had most influence on Tim's opening sentence for Historics update info...........
    lool

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah, if they were redone for new shaders/ atmosphere /HDR ......... whatever.

Either way permissions are needed you can't just do it when it suits you. ;) Sorry Pearce lool ;)

Follows for me at least with permission why wouldn't you then make them 3PA content ?

They are all good enough ?

Would that be a bad thing ?

Any rF2 3PA track is a shoe-in for ISI's next sim surely?
    I assumed the idea was for 3PA was to expand as a ongoing concept ? makes sense ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  9. stonec

stonec Registered

He is working for SimBin at moment, it would be a bit awkward if his tracks were advertised as official rF2 3PA content. He might even be disallowed to work on rF2 at all by contract, but who knows. Maybe Tosch can PM him again.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah been through this a year back.
    If permissions were granted. :)

Awkward ? am I missing something, isn't 3PA Bathurst from another developer.

To have 3PA you need affiliates. :)

Good advertisement for all concerned you ask me.

Say one developer has no problem with lending tracks while at the same time another prohibits a employee releasing a add-on content he made for another sim.

Sends a warped message you ask me.

11. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Nobody over here said anything about tagging his tracks as 3PA... and also I don't think there is such "contract" issue. It's just a matter to get a positive reply from Feels3 and fix those trees.

Also, if I were the author of those tracks, I'd be the first with the interest in making those looking at best, especially with a so easy peasy task. Those tracks are still his work as environment artist, does not matter if he's working for SimBin. :)

12. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

That's the spirit ;)

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Well written...