Getting online!

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Toranaxu1, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Toranaxu1

Toranaxu1 Registered

I will download rF1 lite and have a play around with it .. and I'll have to work it all out eventually lol and thanks for the help..awesum

2. Toranaxu1

Toranaxu1 Registered

oh ok well starting a game sounds easy enough I'll give'em a ring and let them know when I start one.., and I don't really need anything running if Iam not online so all good.., but I will have alook at the exe file anyway and I'll have alook at the video..

and when starting a new game can I run more than 1 track at a time so we can have a championship instead of just the 1 track ?

3. Toranaxu1

Toranaxu1 Registered

I don't think my last posts worked lol..

I will install rF1 lite and have a play around with it so I can learn how to do it.., so when I download something into the lite version will it just automatically work when I start rF1 main ..
    and yeah it seems like a pretty cool site.. [race2play]
    well lets hope I get things happen lol

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

You can install as many cars and tracks as you want for each install of the rF Lite installs you make. Most folks just put what ever they need in there for a season or an event and then delete it once they are done and install another for the next league or what ever. :)

5. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

No the lite install does not run from the main programs exe, and anything installed into a lite install will not show up in the main program. It is a stand alone light install of rF1 with its own exe. Your main program is unaffected in any way, kinda the point :)

First you would install the Car mod you wanted to run, then the tracks you want to run on. They would all reside in that Light install and run from it.

6. Toranaxu1

Toranaxu1 Registered

ok Iam getting it a bit now.. so if Iam going to join a season and I download the cars/tracks for that season in the Rf1 lite version and race from there and delete after season as you said some do and reload more for the next race/season whats the point of having rF1 full version if your doing most racing from the lite version ?

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The only reason to have the full version is for the tracks and cars that came with it. The extra tracks and cars won't show up in the lite install, only the one that came with it plus the tracks and cars you install into it. If you wish to race with the tracks and cars that came with the full install, then use that exe instead of the lite version.

8. Knight of Redemption

Heh, as it happens I do do nearly all my racing from Lite installs because the league I'm in runs custom mods. Like I say it is just a safe way to play with custom mods without compromising your main program install.

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Me2, main rf for testing purposes, trying new mods and whatnot, Lite for league racing, only 2 mods installed.

I would not delete things so quickly though, its pretty harmless just sitting there, only after a year or so installing all kinds of stuff i might get abit slower or unstable.
    if you like a mod, just keep it. and tracks are harmless anyways, one can never have enough tracks.
    Plus, the benefit of keeping everything is less mismatches because you might be able to join a server just because you allready have the mods/tracks installed.
    If you keep deleting stuff, the mismatch issue will allways be there.

As for a championship, not by default, rf does not provide an online championship. but you can go from one track to another. when hosting, you just press next track. with a dedicated server you can pre-select your tracks and the server will run them one by one.

10. Tripp

Tripp Registered

11. Toranaxu1

Toranaxu1 Registered

Thanks heaps guys and that link is very helpful..., next thing I have to find out is how to get my headset working lol

oh yeah another thing... I was online racing around with a few guys in practice & qualifying and warm-up but when the race started I got booted.. I rejoined and it said server gone.. but I knew a few guys were hanging around to do a 30min race so I knew they were still there.. but when in the garage it said I didn't have a recognizable car but let me out to do everything but race.. is that weird or just me lol

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Some servers allow mismatches in certain sessions, this server probably was setup to not allow mismatches in the race.
    But a server usualy warns you everytime you join and go out on track with a message in chat stating 'blabla is allowed but will be kicked for race'

But you can't join a race in progression so the 2nd try was not going to work anyways.

13. Toranaxu1

Toranaxu1 Registered

oh ok thankyou..

14. Toranaxu1

Toranaxu1 Registered

I looked at downloading rfactor lite and it said I have to pay the same $$$$ as the full version...is that right ?

15. coops

coops Banned

just join a web site and hope the ppl there will help you out and show you the things u need to know.
    the site im at is an aussie site. www.racefactor.com we use dropbox, teamviewer, teamspeak3 these are enough from any site to be shown how to use this sim and understand it. ( good luck with it all. )

16. Knight of Redemption

No, once you have the full program rF lite is free to use for as many installs as you want. I have about eight at the moment and others have more.

17. Knight of Redemption