General Opinion of the URD cars.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Apr 24, 2015.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Need to make up your mind which URD cars your asking about. Egt or drm ..

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

Absolutely my favorite cars for RF2. I just hope they keep their promise of new & updated cars for early May. Instant buy.

3. Depco

Depco Registered

•Are these still considered the best mods for RF2

I dont believe they ever were considered the best. But they were near the top of everyone's list.

•Is the Physics up to a good standard still in 2015

I think the cars are a bit more grippy than most ISI cars, but it is acceptable since you likely will be racing other EGT cars.

•Are they worth the money

Without question. The sheer number of servers running URD mods (EGT and to a lesser extent T5) shows how popular the mod is and owning it opens up alot more options for online fun to be had.

•Are they outdated now

I dont believe so. They could use a refreshing due to the large number of updates rF2 have had since their introduction. However, only one build required an update to keep the mod usable. That update came out relatively quickly to resolve the issue.

4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I am discussing the EGT cars which will explain why you dont understand the understeer quote.
    I havent driven the DTM more than 20 laps and wasnt comparing Apex with DTM.
    I do know how to set up cars.
    If they mainly all feel similar why did you ask?
    I happen to think that many cars feel very very different from each other.
    Grab the Darche and do some laps, then grab the BES 1.0 911 GT3. They feel so different but both are trying to be a 911 (unless the Darche is trying to be a Ferrai 458 that has the look of a 911 GT3 which it does quite well.
    Maybe its you wheel settings denying you the pleasure. I will now find and stick here a long dissertation on the subject from another forum.

You asked for peoples general feelings. That was mine.

There is a long discussion about it here.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-is-the-urd-mod-for-rf2.99882/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015