General Opinion of the URD cars.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Apr 24, 2015.

1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Just a general discussion about URD.

•Are these still considered the best mods for RF2
    •Is the Physics up to a good standardstill in 2015
    •Are they worth the money
    •Are they outdated now

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I see no reason why they would be outdated. I have both EGT and T5 mods. Worth the money I would say.

Personally I enjoy some ISI cars more but URD cars are quality too.

3. gkz

gkz Registered

My opinion:

Are these still considered the best mods for RF2 = no
    Is the Physics up to a good standardstill in 2015 = no after a few new builds the diffrent from the isi gt cars physic is huge.
    Are they worth the money = yes/no depends what u want grafic and sounds are good.
    Are they outdated now = for me yes and last update was may 2014

4. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

•Are these still considered the best mods for RF2 -> Never where
    •Is the Physics up to a good standardstill in 2015 ->No
    •Are they worth the money->Yes because you don't have another "full" GTE mod for endurance in rf2
    •Are they outdated now ->Yes in the physics, no in graphics and sounds

5. bwana

bwana Registered

They are good but not best ,Apex take that mantle now for 3rd party GT's (so far).. Its not a lot of money for the enjoyment and hope an update will give them new life. Default setups are too bland. need a lot of work in garage

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Are these still considered the best mods for RF2:

Yes in my opinion it is one of the best third party mod, had a lot of fun with them (driving or skinning them), I can't stand monotype races.
    If you mix them with available LMPs (SCES, Stefan's Lola, Audi R18, Toyota TS030), they are truly great.

May be this mod and RFT 2013 saved RF2 in it's low moments.

•Is the Physics up to a good standard still in 2015

They have bugs never corrected to this day: brake cooling, motor temp, on some cars.
    Opinion on handling can vary a lot with the setup you use (very good point), with a setup that doesn't murder front tires they are not so easy to drive at the limit. I don't believe they are as good as the ISI C6R GT2 revised version, but not bad at all. BES Porsche 997 can be prefered to EGT Darche, but they are not the same car in reality.

•Are they worth the money:

Yes without any doubt. But for a pay mod I would have hoped some bugs to be corrected much sooner ( Ferrucio sound, Ferrucio rear wing non paintable, temps). This fact must be mitigated by the fact that you'll get revised versions for free.

•Are they outdated now:

No doubt, they need a little refresh that is coming.

Cheers.

7. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

For me the mod is worth the money, but the physics are really plain and absolutely out of date.

8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I bought both the T5 and the EGT mods.

They both really need to be updated. Didn't think it would take a year for a pay mod to be updated.

If you're going to take money and promise updates, a year is a little long to wait.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I've kinda lost track of the URD mods... Could someone get my up to speed:
    Is chassis flex implemented? And will the cars get the CPM in future updates?

10. gpfan

gpfan Registered

CPM???? No one knows how to implement this new tech since ISI kept for them selfs......... no documentation available......

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

New version (not released to wide public) has chassis flex implemented and it has some tweaks here and there. It feels nice. :)

CPM, well. No idea. Will see. Would liked to.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That's why I said "in the future" lol... ;)

Thanks Ronnie. :)

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

14. Emery

Emery Registered

It is a good collection of cars with unique driving characteristics balanced against each other's performance. The price is right. The Darche's physics probably has the most complaints as the polar moment of inertia doesn't quite feel like a rear-engine car; it is rather mildly balanced in that direction rather than strongly balanced in that direction. The default setups feel comfortable, yet all have room for tweaking to get best lap times.

Some people complain about a year between updates, but they also complain ISI breaks things with frequent updates. Hmm, if I were a developer, then a year between updates seems like a good plan.

15. Promag

Promag Registered

I have had this mod for about a year and I haven't seen breaks in the mod (as far as physics or usability) with any updates.

16. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

•Are these still considered the best mods for RF2
    I dont think that was ever the consensus.
    •Is the Physics up to a good standard still in 2015
    The physics are not as good as the ISI stock GT cars. The URD cars on defaults have terminal understeer. You can tune that out of them with drastic adjustments. When in a more neutral / oversteer mode they lack the feel and feedback I would like.
    The Darche, if trying to be a 911 GT3, has the wrong weight distribution which ruins its handling. As mentioned above the BES 1.0 911 is far better and the Apex car quite a bit better. So if you like a 911 its not for you.
    Despite all of the above many people seemed to like them including some drivers who are better than me.
    The monotype issue was solved by Frederic Shornstein who has made a BOP series of the ISI GT cars roughly equalising them to the Corvette performance level.

•Are they worth the money
    Its not much money really, but even if they were free, personally I would prefer the stock ISI GT cars.
    •Are they outdated now
    No more than at launch, There is not any other great GT cars launched since.

Summary: Well executed eye candy. Possibly a taste of Asseto Corsa in our midst. Like a pretty girl who left school early, fun but not too deep.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... like the description... :cool: :D

18. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

For me goes that way:

1. Ferrari Challenge from Simtek...just watch on those guy(s), he has 3 mods in work right now
    2. ISI or BES(latest 1.5-1.6 version, depend on car development) i don't know really :)
    3. Apex
    4. URD

Sorry URD :) I still buy mod anyway, because i value scratch work you do and believe you have potential to get better in physics, which isn't terrible, just is not on pair with available free content IMO.

19. msportdan

msportdan Banned

just tried the dtms after a while of notr using them.

I think they feel good. probs between the naf cars and up there with the best cars of rf2. Understeer?! think your setup is wrong! Round Silverstone I got minor oversteer but not under. Maybe people mess with settings too much not actually knowing what there doing and then complain about crap feeling cars lo,.!

sorry don't want to sound harsh but I think the urd (dtm) is better than the apex mods, where they felt like gsc cars in the old engine physics. EGT I haven't played for ages. so cant comment.

I just don't see how people can say these cars are so different to other cars, they mainly all feel similar.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
  20. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

• One of the best, surely
    • I think the physics is pretty much as good as ISI cars with even better FFB.
    • Low cost, it's a no-brainer, it worths surely.
    • Yes, a bit, but it'sthe only GT mod with 5 FIA WEC cars as far as I know.

It's my favourite mod, it's a shame there's no prototypes to full a multiclass grid but URD GTEs are good by their own. At least for Ferrari 458 I think it's more believable than Ferrari Challenge (no ofense).