GameSpy article on rF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Sep 21, 2012.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/rfactor-2/1226107p1.html

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

The dynamic environment is revolutionary in my opinion. Just look at how many threads have been started here questioning the validity of the racing/drying line. It's almost too good to be true. But it is!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Shiftfac3d

Shiftfac3d Registered

I'm fairly new to the sim racing world. Played lots of gt5 before I quit console gaming and went pc only but between Pcars rf2 and the steam demo of race room experience, the dynamics of this game is what is keeping me hooked from hardly playing any of the others. It's so awesome and it's so hard to explain but you can just see the grip in the turns. I now understand when racers irl talk about no grip in the turns on green tracks.

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

rFactor 2 is one of those games that turns you into a child who can't contain themselves from blindly saying stuff like "IT'S THE BEST GAME IN THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD FOREVER, INFINITY + 1.....!". :D

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

read that yesterday, nothing new unfortunately and he was using build 90 so not exactly a recent build.
    Good read for people who don't know about RF2 though, wonder if this is the beginning of proper advertising ready for the ramp up to Gold release!?

6. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Good that it get some "public" attention. I remember how many rFactor youtube videos that have comments like "Where can i get this game?"...

7. coops

coops Banned

real weather like in tiger woods golf would be nice as well.

8. coops

coops Banned

answer = that would be wishful thinking!!! from what you and a lot of others say i reckon next yr.:(

9. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i find the comments under the article somewhat interesting, and i heard it on many other places too:
    "RF2 is good, but Assetto Corsa will be the best sim ever"
    now i wonder, what information have i missed about assetto corsa? if i am not mistaken, there hardly is any reliable info about AC at the moment. we just have pretty screenshots and a few enthusiastic voices of guys, that raced it at the gamescon. exactly the kind of things, that lured me into buying pCARS.
    i mean, i am really looking forward to AC and will definately give it a try, but i find it crazy how many guys are sooo sure, that it will be the game of the century, even if they never tested it. i can nowhere find any info about dynamic track behaviour in AC, like it is/will be featured in RF2. and after experiencing it, i just don't want to miss that in an racing simulator. i expect AC to be very good, but i am pretty sure, that it will lack some features which RF2 has - and of course that will be the case vice versa...

10. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Great, now just separate the cars and tracks in the mods and we will be good to go!

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If they can get a wriggle on then maybe before Xmas but who knows what Gjons thinking is!?

This a thousand times this! Again its the modding area that now needs the most work pre gold with a few more optimizations thrown in along the way.

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Exactly and not sure how this interview was arranged, but it would be a good idea I think to spin up the PR/buzz engine soon before AC comes out and people are distracted. I would think that you would want people to keep real road technology in the back of their minds while enjoying AC ; something like internal dialogue such as This game is amazing I can't imagine how it could be better....oh yeah I almost forgot about Real Road I wonder if rFactor is out yet....better check!.

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

that does'nt answer anything, thats just a Chore System thats simply not needed...yes I know it takes seconds to do but not everyone is gonna want to faff about with vmods all the time. It should be like rF1: Choose the Mod and pick any track....anyway this arguments been done to death and alas no changes or advancements in the system since Beta began.

15. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

It's been confirmed that AC will not have any weather for the first build.

They say they plan to add it later, but no weather for gold release.

And it won't have dynamic track either.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Dynamic Track is something they say will come at a later date, I'm beginning to see a pattern emerging...both these two companies using the "it'll come later" when responding to content & features :p

17. ethone

ethone Registered

That's the downside of iterative development and deployment Marc... "it will come later" is the new "soon"/in F1 2013 instead of F1 2012/"sorry, other stuff was more important". :)

The dynamic track stuff is revolutionary. It can make such an unbelievable difference I still find it hard to put into words how big it is. Rubbering in your pit stall for that extra tenth on a pitstop! Rubbering in the "bad" side of the grid!
    I guess from a marketing point of view it's hard to sell though as you'll pretty much have to run races with it to truly see the worth of it.

18. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Dynamic weather (track too) is awesome, usually run with 20% chance of rain, but this left me wanting for one addition. We need a toggle screen that has weather radar so I know during qualifying if I should risk letting the track rubber in more or get out and put in a hot lap before the rain arrives.

1 person likes this.
  19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

whoa that would be cool to not just db of actual weather but actual radar / forecast too!

20. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I would also like a voice over the radio giving me updates about weather.

"pssshht...OK, you've got about 5 or so minutes of dry time left...pssshht"

Something to that effect. =)