Game won't load after GT3 2nd pack install

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by pn6, Dec 30, 2018.

1. pn6

pn6 Registered

I just bought the latest GT3 pack and now the game won't load. The launcher works and the game tries to load but it just keeps coming back to the launch screen.
    I'm still using an old video card that does not support DX11. Do the new cars require DX11 only? Just a guess.
    Any help will be appreciated

Paul

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That is quite possibly your issue. You can use Steam to go back several versions and use a non dx11 version of rF2, but I doubt the GT3 cars will work. They use a-lot of dx11 and I don't think they are compatible with earlier dx versions. Good luck.

3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Look for as file named D3D9.dll in your rfactor2 folders most likely will be inside one of the plugin folders. If found either rename, move it out of Rfactor 2 or delete it. Has been a problem for many players in the past week or so. I renamed mine using a .OLD extension
    D3D9.JPG

4. kimbo

kimbo Registered

I have a lot of problems since GT3 Challengers pack, but i can not found any d3d9.dll (bin 32,bin 64, plugin folders, etc)

5. pn6

pn6 Registered

I have the latest version (1112) and no d3d9.dll file so I'm still guessing it's a video problem......time for a new unit I guess

6. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Wrong -
    I was advised to do this fix by Marcel and it has worked for many others as well. May not be the answer for this users problem but that does not mean it has nothing to do with the issues of the game not starting.

[​IMG]
    Marcel Offermans Administrator Staff Member

Could you please try this: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/reported-crashing-with-new-build.61857/
    Marcel Offermans, Tuesday at 9:19 PM Report

[SOLVED] Reported crashing with new build
    Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Domino Duhan, Dec 23, 2018.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@whitmore You can't fix every problem with one solution. The OP already said there's no such file, and obviously has other factors (like an old build).

8. pn6

pn6 Registered

I didn’t look in the bin32 folder for the d3d9 dll. Reading that other thread I noticed they were only talking about the bin64 so I’ll look tonite and report back.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

it has been reported by some to be in several locations. Do an over-all search. Also, one of the F1 mods may have been cranky. 1975 perhaps???

10. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Since the beginning of 2018, so for roughly a year now, we only support DX11 and have not released any DX9 builds anymore. As some have indicated in this thread, the new cars require DX11, so if you bought them and you cannot use a current build, I suggest you request a refund or upgrade your graphics card to something that can comfortably run DX11.

11. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Really Lazza , you must have clearly missed the point of my post.
    1. I point out that the DLL file is a known problem for the game not starting after another response says otherwise
    2. I point out that the DLL may not be the problem for this user. (Already established) Prior to my original message #3 the OP had not checked for the DLL
    3. You decided that it was a one fix for all not me
    It seems that the simple effort of just passing on information to others that is known to be correct gets flamed and others then want to jump on top.
    Please I would ask for careful reading and comprehension not assumptions then attacks. What was the purpose of your reply but other than to pace some kind of dispersion on my attempt to help another player. My thought was to make this just a private conversation however as you have chosen public ridicule then I believe I have the right of reply.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@whitmore I replied after your second post, which was long and with large text, and which you posted after the OP had said they had no d3d9.dll. It was also fairly clear they were running an old build which actually would work fine with a d3d9.dll because they're on dx9.

Mangoletski also said it was nothing to do with d3d9.

So I had no problem with your first post, because it was highlighting a potential cause (didn't sound likely from the OP, but you never know). To come back after Mangoletski's post with a "Wrong." and then a large post that by that point was off topic, I couldn't see the point of. It seemed to me you were stuck on that solution despite it not fitting this problem, that's why I said you can't fix everything with one solution.

I wasn't attacking you, but I couldn't see the need for your second post. Public ridicule? Come on, be serious.

GrimDad likes this.
  13. pn6

pn6 Registered

@Marcel Offermans Thank you for the help and suggestions. I agree this old computer needs some help. A new one is in the works now. Thanks again everyone for the suggestions. BTW there was no d3d9 found anywhere in my install.