Game goes to "press to start screan"

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jaka Gorup, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Jaka Gorup

Jaka Gorup Registered

Hi!
    I'm having an issue on official Bahrain track and only this track... when I'm driving sometimes 1 lap at max 2 laps... the game suddenly flashes on the "press to start" screen appears... I can still hear the game in the background and can control the car even if I escape I can hear clicks when moving the mouse..

Any help??

2. JordieDAFC

JordieDAFC Registered

3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

You need to use very old AMD drivers for your GPU to not have this issue. 22.5.1 to be exact

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Okay, so this issue has made me stop playing rF2, as the game doesn't work anymore. It will do this consistently, and I can't even test cars anymore. Since I will be driving other sims next year, I will not revert back to the old driver. This was a temp work around, not a fix. Since this issue started S397 never did anything with it, other than pointing towards this temporary workaround, but this has gone on for far too long now to keep doing that.

This problem is reliably reproducable, so that should not be the reason why it's taking so long. And until this issue is fixed, this game is not useable anymore for me.

Jaka Gorup likes this.
  5. Jaka Gorup

Jaka Gorup Registered

this worked thank you <3

Remco Majoor likes this.