Drive/Spectate Menu Appearing Whilst Driving Online

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by JordieDAFC, Dec 16, 2022.

1. JordieDAFC

JordieDAFC Registered

Hi all, Hoping somebody can help me solve this one...

I've been trying to do some online BTCC races the past week. I join the lobby, then I get the screen with the option to drive or spectate. I select drive and enter the lobby. When I head out on track the drive or spectate menu appears again but all options are greyed out and not clickable, but the game is still active in the background (The car and menus are still active in the background, but blocked by this screen)

Tried a fresh install but still getting the same issue, Not sure what the next step is.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Lfm? Are you selecting the game already running option? Maybe the browser has some sort of auto refresh?

3. JordieDAFC

JordieDAFC Registered

Yeah this is on LFM. I've been getting the browser to start Steam and the game, also tried with the game already running and it was the same outcome.

I seem to also get it occasionally whilst offline too. However it goes back to the "Click anywhere" start screen when you load up the game.

4. JordieDAFC

JordieDAFC Registered

Just an update on this issue which i seem to have sorted.....

I went into the Rfactor 2 properties menu on Steam and went to the Local Files page and selected "Verify integrity of game files". Since doing this the issue has not happened again

Lazza likes this.
  5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Okay, so this issue has made me stop playing rF2, as the game doesn't work anymore. It will do this consistently, and I can't even test cars anymore. Since I will be driving other sims next year, I will not revert back to the old driver. This was a temp work around, not a fix. Since this issue started S397 never did anything with it, other than pointing towards this temporary workaround, but this has gone on for far too long now to keep doing that.

This problem is reliably reproducable, so that should not be the reason why it's taking so long. And until this issue is fixed, this game is not useable anymore for me.